According to the film’s casting call, the working title is Scenes from the Suburb and filming wrapped up on Sunday night in Austin, Texas. The shoot lasted a week and called for the following characters: military, mother, trucker, businessmen, and townspeople.
The elements are accounted for, but it’s missing something, chemistry. Your guess is as good as ours to what the specific nature of the film will turn out to be, though brand-m reports that it will focus on the theme of “friends growing apart.” As broad a theme as that is, the comments section below is officially open to your thoughts.
Below, you can check out the full casting call for the film.
Paid Extras Casting Call For Spike Jonze Short Film in Austin, Texas.
Project Type: Short Film
Location: Austin, Texas
Schedule: April 20 – April 26, 2010
Director: Spike Jonze
* MILITARY: Men and women (over 18) with a military background or who look convincingly military. Any ethnicity. All body types considered. Especially need bigger/tougher looking men.
* MOTHER: Age 40-60. Need frail/thin. Small.
* TRUCKERS: Truck Drivers or those with a trucker look. Bigger guys. Facial hair okay. Age 25-55.
* BUSINESSMEN: Corporate business types. Confident, capable. Age 40-55.
* TOWNSPEOPLE: All ages and ethnicities. Especially looking for those with a middle class or suburban look.
Day rate for all roles is $58/8, except for Mother, who is $100/12
Meals/Transportation Provided: Meal, Beverages