Herbie Hancock has a little experience performing with talented artists. For one, the jazz legend used to back-up Miles Davis. If that doesn’t begin and end an artist’s reume, then I don’t know what would. But Hancock’s resume is about to add a few more references that could cement Hancock’s reputation as one of the most respected collaborative musicians of our time.
The Imagine Project is ten songs recorded in ten locations around the world. Though cultures and languages may differ, music remains universal in bringing people together and Hancock explores this theme throughout the project. Maybe someone should send copies to Arizona politicians.
The results from Hancock’s sessions will be released as both an album and a documentary, with the option of a deluxe edition which includes both, as well as a book and sheet music for each of the album’s songs. But, perhaps most notable is the team he has assembled — including Pink, Seal, Dave Matthews, Jeff Beck, John Legend and more. Check out the full tracklisting below for The Imagine Project, which will be released June 22nd.
The Imagine Project Tracklist:
01. Imagine (feat. India Arie, Jeff Beck, Pink & Seal)
02. Don’t Give Up (feat. Pink and John Legend)
03. Tempo De Amor (feat. Céu)
04. Space Captain (feat. Susan Tedeschi and Derek Trucks)
05. The Times, They Are A’ Changin (feat. The Chieftans and Lisa Hannigan)
06. La Tierra (feat. Juanes)
07. Tamitant Tilay/Exodus (feat. K’Naan, Los Lobos and Tinariwen)
08. Tomorrow Never Knows (feat. Dave Matthews)
09. A Change is Gonna Come (feat. James Morrison)
10. The Songs Goes On (feat. Chaka Kahn, Anoushka Shankar and Wayne Shorter)