We often ask our readers to help spread the word about Consequence of Sound to everyone they know. Of course, that sounds a lot easier said than done, so today, we offer some incentives in exchange for your help. And yes, there’s a catch.
We think of this promotion as an underground guerrilla marketing campaign of sorts, where we offer prizes in exchange for your help in getting the word out about CoS. So, for example, buy a white t-shirt, write our name on it, and wear it around your town. Or you can make a bunch of flyers and hang them in your favorite stores. You can even rent an airplane to write our name in the sky. The decision is yours. Just make sure it’s creative, legal*, and be sure to take a picture for evidence.
We’ll then select the five best entries and rank them in order from 1-5. The individuals will be contacted, in that order, for which of the following prizes they’d like to take home:
– A pair of 3-day passes to Lollapalooza 2010: Set to take place from August 6-8 in Chicago’s Grant Park, this year’s bill includes Soundgarden, Green Day, Lady Gaga, Arcade Fire, The Strokes, Phoenix, and plenty more.
– A pair of 3-day passes to North Coast Music Festival 2010: Set to to take place from September 3-5 in Chicago’s Union Park, this year’s inaugural bill includes The Chemical Brothers, Nas & Damian Marley, Umphrey’s McGee, Disco Biscuits, Lupe Fiasco, and a Moby DJ set.
– A Radiohead prize pack featuring a special collectors edition of Radiohead’s Amnesiac: The release includes the original album on disc one, and on disc two, rare concert recordings, and tracks recorded live at Canal+ Studios in 2001. The Special Collectors Edition DVD adds four promotional music videos, two 2001 performances for Top Of The Pops, and four performances from the band’s June 2001 appearance on Later… with Jools Holland.
– A White Stripes prize pack featuring The White Stripes Under Great White Northern Lights CD/DVD. The release includes the first-ever official live album from The White Stripes 2007 tour of Canada and accompanying documentary.
– Goodie bag from The Musebox featuring music from The DÃ¸, Robert Randolph, and Katrina and the Waves.
We only have one of each prize, so if person #1 takes the Lolla tixs, person #2 will have to choose between the remaining four prizes. Make sense?
To enter, please send us an email with your name, address, and a picture of your “guerrilla marketing.” All entries must be in by Wednesday, July 21st at 6:00 PM EST. We’ll post the five winners’ respective entries on the website soon thereafter.
If you have any questions, it probably means others do too, so drop them in the comments section below. Thanks again for your continued support and good luck!
* Please make sure you abide by any community, state, and national laws and restrictions. If you want to hang some thing somewhere, please ask for permission. Any entries that appear to be breaking the law will not be accepted.