In an interview with NME (via Gorillaz News), Gorillaz frontman Damon Albarn reveals the potential release date and juicy details of his next album with the cartoon band. According to Albarn, the LP was done in “hotel rooms across America” with a potential release date just in time for Christmas. As if that weren’t a holiday miracle in and of itself, the album was recorded on an iPad, something of an accomplishment for the self-professed “technophobe and Luddite.” The Blur frontman also confirmed that the album would be “more American-sounding than Blur” and feature an “English voice that has been put through the vocoder of America.” That and a mysterious project that’s close to Albarn’s heart has got us dreaming of a Gorillaz Xmas. So, yeah, checkmate Jack.
Damon Albarn plans new Gorillaz album for Christmas?
by Chris Coplan
on November 11, 2010, 3:41pm
Check Out: The Cool Kids – “Big Talk”
Want more? Follow us on
- 1You can blame Lars Ulrich for the lack of bass on Metallica's ... And Justice For All
- 2The Top 5 Things We Learned from High Fidelity
- 3Jack White and Robert Plant perform Led Zeppelin's "The Lemon Song" -- watch
- 4Outside Lands reveals 2015 lineup
- 5R.I.P. Black Sabbath, metal legends announce farewell concert
- 1Kanye West unveils studio version of "All Day" -- listen
- 2R.I.P. iPod: Sony unveils cassette tape that can hold 64,750,000 songs
- 3Prince will perform spontaneous concerts across the US beginning next week
- 4You can blame Lars Ulrich for the lack of bass on Metallica's ... And Justice For All
- 5Modest Mouse in 10 Songs