In an interview with NME (via Gorillaz News), Gorillaz frontman Damon Albarn reveals the potential release date and juicy details of his next album with the cartoon band. According to Albarn, the LP was done in “hotel rooms across America” with a potential release date just in time for Christmas. As if that weren’t a holiday miracle in and of itself, the album was recorded on an iPad, something of an accomplishment for the self-professed “technophobe and Luddite.” The Blur frontman also confirmed that the album would be “more American-sounding than Blur” and feature an “English voice that has been put through the vocoder of America.” That and a mysterious project that’s close to Albarn’s heart has got us dreaming of a Gorillaz Xmas. So, yeah, checkmate Jack.
Damon Albarn plans new Gorillaz album for Christmas?
by Chris Coplan
on November 11, 2010, 3:41pm
Check Out: The Cool Kids – “Big Talk”
Want more? Follow us on
- 1Donald Trump kicked One Direction out of his hotel after they refused to meet his adult daughter
- 2The 20 Most Regrettable Albums Ever
- 3Drake releases new project, More Life: Stream/Download
- 4Confirmed: Donald Trump will eliminate National Endowment for the Arts as part of proposed budget
- 5Donald Trump takes the bait, rage tweets about Snoop Dogg