In an interview with NME (via Gorillaz News), Gorillaz frontman Damon Albarn reveals the potential release date and juicy details of his next album with the cartoon band. According to Albarn, the LP was done in “hotel rooms across America” with a potential release date just in time for Christmas. As if that weren’t a holiday miracle in and of itself, the album was recorded on an iPad, something of an accomplishment for the self-professed “technophobe and Luddite.” The Blur frontman also confirmed that the album would be “more American-sounding than Blur” and feature an “English voice that has been put through the vocoder of America.” That and a mysterious project that’s close to Albarn’s heart has got us dreaming of a Gorillaz Xmas. So, yeah, checkmate Jack.
Damon Albarn plans new Gorillaz album for Christmas?
by Chris Coplan
on November 11, 2010, 3:41pm
Check Out: The Cool Kids – “Big Talk”
Want more? Follow us on
- 1President Obama reads Mean Tweets, including a Nickelback insult -- watch
- 2Paul McCartney is upset that Phil Collins called him out for his bad attitude
- 3R.I.P. Pete Burns, "You Spin Me Round" singer has died at 57
- 4Millie Bobby Brown teases return of Eleven for Stranger Things season two
- 5Tom Hanks does the Big rap while Ron Howard dances in the background -- watch