In an interview with NME (via Gorillaz News), Gorillaz frontman Damon Albarn reveals the potential release date and juicy details of his next album with the cartoon band. According to Albarn, the LP was done in “hotel rooms across America” with a potential release date just in time for Christmas. As if that weren’t a holiday miracle in and of itself, the album was recorded on an iPad, something of an accomplishment for the self-professed “technophobe and Luddite.” The Blur frontman also confirmed that the album would be “more American-sounding than Blur” and feature an “English voice that has been put through the vocoder of America.” That and a mysterious project that’s close to Albarn’s heart has got us dreaming of a Gorillaz Xmas. So, yeah, checkmate Jack.
Damon Albarn plans new Gorillaz album for Christmas?
by Chris Coplan
on November 11, 2010, 3:41pm
Check Out: The Cool Kids – “Big Talk”
Want more? Follow us on
- 1Former Zwan member David Pajo says Billy Corgan is a "bully" Trump supporter who's obsessed with outperforming The White Stripes
- 2Donald Trump moving forward with plans to kill National Endowment for the Arts, PBS and NPR
- 3Ridley Scott shares five-minute prologue to Alien: Covenant -- watch
- 4King Crimson announce US tour dates, and they’re bringing along four drummers
- 5Roger Waters considers performing Pink Floyd's The Wall on US-Mexico border
- 1Stranger Things' David Harbour turns SAG Awards speech into rousing call to arms -- watch
- 2Incubus announce North American tour dates with Jimmy Eat World
- 3The 10 Greatest Breakup Albums of This Century
- 4Roger Waters considers performing Pink Floyd's The Wall on US-Mexico border
- 5Ranking: Every Ryan Adams Album From Worst to Best