In an interview with NME (via Gorillaz News), Gorillaz frontman Damon Albarn reveals the potential release date and juicy details of his next album with the cartoon band. According to Albarn, the LP was done in “hotel rooms across America” with a potential release date just in time for Christmas. As if that weren’t a holiday miracle in and of itself, the album was recorded on an iPad, something of an accomplishment for the self-professed “technophobe and Luddite.” The Blur frontman also confirmed that the album would be “more American-sounding than Blur” and feature an “English voice that has been put through the vocoder of America.” That and a mysterious project that’s close to Albarn’s heart has got us dreaming of a Gorillaz Xmas. So, yeah, checkmate Jack.
Damon Albarn plans new Gorillaz album for Christmas?
by Chris Coplan
on November 11, 2010, 3:41pm
Check Out: The Cool Kids – “Big Talk”
Want more? Follow us on
- 1Iron Maiden's Bruce Dickinson says he got tongue cancer from oral sex
- 2Keith Richards calls Metallica and Black Sabbath rock music's "great jokes"
- 3Welcome to Death Row biopic officially in the works
- 4Ethiopian students learn English by singing Pearl Jam's "Even Flow" -- watch
- 5Wanted: 20 Acts to Shake Up Future Music Festivals
- 1Kanye's face perfectly sums up Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' new song
- 2Star Wars: The Force Awakens drops surprise new teaser trailer -- watch
- 3Footage surfaces of Prince's first "Purple Rain" performance circa 1983 -- watch
- 4Wanted: 20 Acts to Shake Up Future Music Festivals
- 5Listen to Travi$ Scott's "Piss On Your Grave" featuring Kanye West
- 1Fan fronts Foo Fighters for cover of Rush's "Tom Sawyer" -- watch
- 2R.I.P. Pink Floyd, legendary psych-rock band is officially broken up
- 3Here's your first look at Luke Skywalker in Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- 4Motörhead frontman Lemmy has switched from whiskey to vodka for health reasons
- 5Last night's Key & Peele sketch on OutKast was perfect