In an interview with NME (via Gorillaz News), Gorillaz frontman Damon Albarn reveals the potential release date and juicy details of his next album with the cartoon band. According to Albarn, the LP was done in “hotel rooms across America” with a potential release date just in time for Christmas. As if that weren’t a holiday miracle in and of itself, the album was recorded on an iPad, something of an accomplishment for the self-professed “technophobe and Luddite.” The Blur frontman also confirmed that the album would be “more American-sounding than Blur” and feature an “English voice that has been put through the vocoder of America.” That and a mysterious project that’s close to Albarn’s heart has got us dreaming of a Gorillaz Xmas. So, yeah, checkmate Jack.
Damon Albarn plans new Gorillaz album for Christmas?
by Chris Coplan
on November 11, 2010, 3:41pm
Check Out: The Cool Kids – “Big Talk”
Want more? Follow us on
- 1Bryan Cranston resurrects Walter White for SNL cold opening -- watch
- 2Sgt. Pepper's artwork updated to feature all the legends lost in 2016
- 3Bob Dylan pens Nobel Prize acceptance speech: "That I now join the names on such a list is truly beyond words"
- 4Donald Trump's shortlist for inauguration performers is painfully pathetic
- 5New J. Cole album mocked by Hampton Inn's Twitter account
- 1Sgt. Pepper's artwork updated to feature all the legends lost in 2016
- 2Donald Trump's shortlist for inauguration performers is painfully pathetic
- 3Top 50 Songs of 2016
- 4Beyoncé and Disturbed will face off for Best Rock Performance at the 2017 Grammys
- 5Comedian T.J. Miller arrested after altercation with cab driver