The perks of winning a Grammy apparently include the right to vote in future Grammy Awards. Or, if you’re Stephen Colbert, the right to determine this year’s Best Alternative Album by hosting a “sell-out-off” with two of the nominated acts on national TV. Watch Vampire Weekend frontman Ezra Koening and The Black Keys’ presentations above. Warning: it gets violent.
Watch: Vampire Weekend, The Black Keys fight for Colbert's Grammy vote
by Alex Young
on January 12, 2011, 10:28am
Want more? Follow us on
- 1Dutch punk singer catches flying beer mid-crowd surf, proving he is the greatest human ever
- 2Dr. Dre says Detox is dead
- 3All it took was a 1,000-person performance of "Learn to Fly" to compel Foo Fighters to visit Cesena
- 4Here's the Radiohead-Seinfeld mashup you've always wanted.
- 5Top 10 Songs of the Week (7/31)
- 1Billy Corgan addresses his trip to Disneyland: "What the fuck do you want from me?"
- 2Cleveland State University students chant Kendrick Lamar's "Alright" in protest against police
- 3Billy Corgan asked whether Courtney Love killed Kurt Cobain, and things got uncomfortable fast
- 41,000 diehard fans campaign for Foo Fighters' concert with giant performance of "Learn to Fly"
- 5All it took was a 1,000-person performance of "Learn to Fly" to compel Foo Fighters to visit Cesena
- 1Drake responds to Meek Mill with new diss track "Charged Up" -- listen
- 2Watch the first trailer for anti-superhero epic Suicide Squad
- 3Cast of Back to the Future reunites to mark film's 30th anniversary
- 4Billy Corgan addresses his trip to Disneyland: "What the fuck do you want from me?"
- 5Damon Albarn refuses to end performance, gets carried off stage by security