While half of the country is once again bombarded with snow, many will be awaiting the annual arrival of a certain rodent who will dictate the changing of the seasons. (Hint: He’s a star of a Bill Murray movie!) As enthralling as this proclamation may be for some, we here at CoS
are invested in a different pursuit: the decoding and discovery of all festival news, of which there was no lack of this week. After all, we’re not afraid of our
More official lineup announcements have been trickling in, including Paid Dues, Hangout Music Fest, and the inaugural edition of Lollapalooza Chile, which carries some big names that tempt us to head southward. Speaking of down south, Miami’s Ultra Music Festival continues to gain momentum, adding Duran Duran, Moby, will.i.am., and more to their lineup. Never fear, however, as there is still plenty to speculate on as more rumors fly in from Bonnaroo, Lollapalooza (US), and countless other festivals at home and abroad.
For the full festival forecast, it would behoove you to stay up-to-date on all the latest news and rumors by bookmarking Festival Outlook and following us on Twitter. After all, Wednesday only comes once a week.
– Sorry kids, but Coachella 2011 is officially SOLD OUT. However, despite much gossip about Kings of Leon’s Nathan Followill’s surgery, the band will not only be performing at Coachella, but added three more tour dates in the week leading up to it.
– Kanye West, The Killers, and Jane’s Addiction will head an impressive lineup at the inaugural edition of Lollapalooza Chile. Additional acts include the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, The Flaming Lips, and the National. One-day, two-day, and VIP passes are still available.
– Equally impressive is the bill that Primavera Sound has put together for 2011. Along with Pulp, Belle & Sebastain, and Grinderman, the festival has confirmed PJ Harvey, Sufjan Stevens, Interpol, Big Boi, Battles, Public Image, LTD, Simian Mobile Disco, of Montreal, and The Tallest Man on Earth.
– Phish are reportedly hosting a three-day music festival to take place over Fourth of July weekend this year. The jamfest is to be held in Watkins Glen, NY, and while an official announcement is still forthcoming the band will be, once again, performing eight different sets.
– Rock on the Range Festival announced their official lineup; Avenged Sevenfold and A Perfect Circle will be headlining. A special pre-sale will begin February 9th and run until the 11th with tickets priced at $99.50.
– The second lineup announcement of three for Ultra Music Festival revealed even more auspicious acts, including Duran Duran, Moby, will.i.am., and the Disco Biscuits. However, competing festival, “The One Night Stand”, hosted by Swedish House Mafia also announced their lineup with DJ A-Trak, Armand Van Helden, and Calvin Harris, to take place during day two of Ultra. Tickets for both are available now.
–Paid Dues announced three stages worth of acts that comprises its official lineup, adding Sage Francis, Bun B, and others to join headliners Black Star and Immortal Technique on the Paid Dues Stage. The second stage, the Dues Paid Stage (confused yet?), will host E-40 and Murs among others, while Slaughterhouse will head the third stage, the GrindTime Now Stage, which also features emcee battles in addition to regular performances. Tickets are now available.
– The sophomore edition of the Hangout Festival proves formidable with an inspiring lineup headed by Foo Fighters, Paul Simon, and Widespread Panic. For its second attempt, the festival is not only building up its lineup, but its amenities, including a fifth stage in the refuge of an air-conditioned tent, a Hammock Beach Lagoon refreshment area with Skybar tower, and more family-friendly events. Tickets went on sale today at 9am CST and a limited quantity of $159 tickets will be sold, afterwards additional tickets will be sold for $174. VIP and travel packages are also available.
– Bonnaroo: Best Coast (Rumored), Robert Plant and the Band of Joy (Expected), Bruce Hornsby (Expected), Massive Attack (Rumored), Jaik Willis (Rumored)
– Lollapalooza: 30 Seconds to Mars (Rumored)
– Beale Street Music Festival: Cage the Elephant (Rumored), John Mellencamp (Rumored), Lucinda Williams (Rumored), MGMT (Rumored), The Lee Boys (Rumored)
– Ultra Music Festival: Phase 2 of lineup announced, includes Duran Duran, Underworld, Moby, Disco Biscuits, will.i.am., Erick Morillo, Kaskade, Laidback Luke, Sasha, Skream & Benga, and The Glitch Mob.
– Hangout Music Fest: Lineup announced, includes Foo Fighters, Widespread Panic, The Black Keys, My Morning Jacket, and The Flaming Lips
– Lollapalooza Chile: Lineup announced, includes The Killers, Jane’s Addiction, and Kanye West, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, 30 Seconds to Mars, Deftones, The Flaming Lips, and The National
– Primavera Sound: Added PJ Harvey, Sufjan Stevens, Interpol, Big Boi, Battles, Public Image, LTD, Simian Mobile Disco, of Montreal, and The Tallest Man on Earth, among others
– Rock on the Range: Lineup announced, includes A Perfect Circle, Avenged Sevenfold, Disturbed, and Korn
– Paid Dues Festival: Lineup announced, includes a Black Star, mmortal Technique, Bun B and Sage Francis
– ATP New Jersey: Added A Hawk and A Hacksaw, Bonnie “Prince” Billy
– High Sierra Music Festival: Ween confirmed as first headliner
– Mission Creek Festival: Added Jeff Tweedy, Colour Revolt, Nathaniel Rateliff, Railroad Earth, Rubblebucket
– Hellfest: Lineup announced, includes Iggy and the Stooges, Rob Zombie, Disturbed, and Apocalyptica
– Summer Camp: Added Widespread Panic, Paper Diamond, Future Rock, Wiz Khalifa
– Summerfest: Kansas (Expected)
– Rocky Mt Folks Festival: Initial lineup announced, includes Brandi Carlile and Josh Ritter and the Royal City Band.
– Mayhem Festival: Added Red Fang and Trivium
– Sunfest 2011: Jeff Beck (Expected), Toad the Wet Sprocket (Expected)
– Hurricane & Southside Festivals (Germany): Added Band of Horses, Eels, Klaxons, MSTRKRFT, Sublime with Rome, and The Subways
– Sonisphere UK : Added Airbourne, Architects, and Weezer
– Glastonbury (UK): Added Tensnake
– iTunes Festival (UK): Added Adele
– Rock in Rio (Brazil): Added Elton John, Rhianna, and Katy Perry
– Boonstock Music Festival (Canada): Lineup announced, includes A Perfect Circle, Sublime with Rome, and Three Days Grace
– Groezrock (Belgium): Added Flogging Molly, Thursday, Underoath, Goldfinger, Devil’s Brigade, and H2O
– Oya Festival (Norway): Added The Pains of Being Pure At Heart, The Avett Brothers, and Wiz Khalifa
– Nova Rock (Austria): Lineup announced, includes Iron Maiden, System of a Down, and Linkin Park
– Super Bock Super Rock (Portugal): Added Arctic Monkeys and Beirut
– Heavy MTL (Canada): Initial lineup announced, includes Machine head, Godsmack, and Disturbed
– Sonisphere Italy: Lineup announced, includes Iron Maiden, Linkin Park, and Slipknot