Each week that passes brings us all closer to knowing the details of our festival fates. With more rumors leaking in daily, there’s plenty of anticipation building for the official announcements. Superbowl Sunday found many of us preoccupied in between quarters and touchdowns, as we anxiously awaited one such announcement. Of course I’m talking about the Sasquatch! Festival, not only one of the biggest in the country, but also the reigning champion of CoS’s “Festival of the Year” title.
As always, there was plenty other news to satisfy us this week. South by Southwest may be rapidly approaching, but that didn’t stop organizers from dropping another bombshell announcement with another slew of acts. There were also rumors of significant additions brewing in the Lollapalooza and Bonnaroo stews.
For all festival disclosures check out this week’s edition of Festivals in Brief, and remember the best (and only) way to stay up-to-date on all the latest news and rumors is by bookmarking Festival Outlook and following us on Twitter. After all, Wednesday only comes once a week.
– Sasquatch! announced its official lineup early in the week. Foo Fighters, Death Cab for Cutie, Modest Mouse, Wilco, and The Flaming Lips will head an extensive list, which also includes Robyn, The Decemberists, Bright Eyes, and Iron & Wine, among many others. The daily schedule has also been posted.
– South by Southwest made yet another round of additions to its lineup this week, announcing Widespread Panic, Emmylou Harris, Black Lips and Okkervil River to head the lot, which also includes Diplo, Kylesa, Wavves. For the full roster of newcomers, check out the lineup additions below. And while you’re doing your homework, be sure to check out the schedule for the official showcases. You’ll find a detailed account of all nocturnal and convention-set events.
– Greg Kot of The Chicago Tribune substantiated rumors that Eminem, Foo Fighters and Muse will comprise the first half of the six headliners of Lollapalooza this August. An official lineup announcement is expected in April.
– Bonnaroo’s 2011 lineup will be unveiled Tuesday, February 15th. Tickets will then go on sale Saturday, February 19th at 12:00pm EST.
– Sasquatch!: Official lineup announced, includes Foo Fighters, Deathcab for Cutie, Modest Mouse, Wilco, The Decemberists, Bright Eyes, Death From Above 1979, The Flaming Lips, Robyn, Jenny & Johnny, Beach House, and more
– Bonnaroo: My Morning Jacket (Expected), Robyn (Expected), Arcade Fire (Rumored), The Black Keys (Rumored), Robert Plant & Band of Joy (Expected), Widespread Panic (Rumored)
– Lollapalooza: Foo Fighters (Expected), Eminem (Expected), Muse (Expected), Best Coast (Expected), Crystal Castles (Expected), Girl Talk (Expected), Lykke Li (Expected)
– South By Southwest: Third lineup phase announced, includes Cold War Kids, Deer Tick, Emmylou Harris, Diplo, Friendly Fires, Okkervil River, Tennis, Kevin Devine and the Goddamn Band, Vetiver, Widespread Panic, The Raveonettes, Wavves, Kylesa, April Smith and the Great Picture Show, Big K.R.I.T, Cults, Denison Witmer, Boys Noize, Black Lips, Boys Noize, Dirty Ghosts, Ear Pwr, Edwyn Collins, Eli “Paperboy” Reed, Fake Problems, Fang Island, Richie Hawtin, Shad, Skrillex, Ebsen and the Witch, Tape Deck Mountain, Raphael Saadiq, Shrillex, Tech N9ne, Thao with the Get Down Stay Down, Memoryhouse, Off!, The Chapin Sisters, The Greenhornes, The Hood Internet, The Moondoggies, Twin Shadow, and The Chain Gang of 1974. The Strokes are rumored.
– Austin City Limits: Iron & Wine (Expected)
– Wakarusa Music Festival: Added Buckethead
– Telluride Bluegrass Festival: Added Mumford & Sons, Steve Earle, and Sarah McLachlan
– Wanderlust California: Initial lineup announced, includes Girl Talk, The Wailers
– Wanderlust Vermont: Initial lineup announced, includes Andrew Bird, Michael Franti & Spearhead, and Sonya Kitchell
– Glastonbury Festival (UK): Beyonce (Rumored), Newton Faulkner (Expected)
– Exit Festival (Serbia): Added Joris Voorn, Grinderman, Joachim Garraud, and Fedde Le Grand
– Summerfest: Rise Against (Expected)
– Austin Psych Fest: Added Roky Erickson, Beaches, Young Prisms, and Quest for Fire
– Krazy Fest: Official lineup announced, includes Anti-Flag, Against Me!, Bouncing Souls, and Strike Anywhere
– End of the Road (UK): Added Daniel Martin Moore, Kurt Vile & The Violators, Laura Marling, Megafaun, and The Black Angels
– Wireless Festival (UK): Black Eyed Peas and The Chemical Brothers confirmed as headliners
– Rock Werchter (Belgium): Added All Time Low, Kaiser Chiefs, Social Distortion, The National, and White Lies
– Azkena Rock Festival (Spain): Official lineup announced, includes Ozzy Osbourne, Brian Seltzer, Gregg Allman, Rob Zombie, The Cult, Bright Eyes, Primus, Band of Horses, and The Avett Brothers
– Open’er Festival (Poland): Added Primus and Foals
– Donaufestival (Austria): Official lineup announced, includes The Books and Diplo
– Hove Festival (Norway): Added 30 Seconds to Mars
– Optimus Alive! (Portugal): Added Coldplay, 30 Seconds to Mars, and Iggy & The Stooges
– Oya Festival (Norway): Pulp confirmed as first headliner