Columbia Records must have just been some dead weight, because since splitting ways in June, Nicole Atkins is rolling. The New Jersey native’s second album, Mondo Amore, just dropped February 8th, and she’s now six dates into a nationwide tour with new backing band The Black Sea. Having a day to spare, Atkins and co. stopped by Conan last night to perform “Cry, Cry, Cry”. With a voice as bright and vibrant as her dress, Atkins already possessed a dynamic sound. Combining those pipes with the power of guitarist Irina Yalkowsky, and the group delivers “Cry, Cry, Cry” on a level that is soon to outgrow their current venues.
Last Night: Nicole Atkins and The Black Sea “Cry Cry Cry” on Conan
on February 18, 2011, 10:16am
Want more? Follow us on
- 1Top 50 Albums of 2016
- 2Napoleon Dynamite cast reunites for Burger King tater tots commercial -- watch
- 3Joe Corré, son of Sex Pistols manager Malcolm McLaren, burns $7 million worth of punk artifacts
- 4The Top 10 Metal Albums of 2016
- 5Two year old discovers Rage Against the Machine, rocks the fuck out -- watch
- 1Snoop Dogg responds to Kanye West's latest on-stage meltdown: "What the fuck is he on?”
- 2Top 50 Albums of 2016
- 3Kanye West fully intends to run for president in 2020: "I’m going to try to do it"
- 4A Tribe Called Quest enlist Jack White, André 3000, Kendrick Lamar for new album
- 5At this very moment, no one on Earth is happier than Bill Murray