Columbia Records must have just been some dead weight, because since splitting ways in June, Nicole Atkins is rolling. The New Jersey native’s second album, Mondo Amore, just dropped February 8th, and she’s now six dates into a nationwide tour with new backing band The Black Sea. Having a day to spare, Atkins and co. stopped by Conan last night to perform “Cry, Cry, Cry”. With a voice as bright and vibrant as her dress, Atkins already possessed a dynamic sound. Combining those pipes with the power of guitarist Irina Yalkowsky, and the group delivers “Cry, Cry, Cry” on a level that is soon to outgrow their current venues.
Last Night: Nicole Atkins and The Black Sea “Cry Cry Cry” on Conan
on February 18, 2011, 10:16am
Want more? Follow us on
- 1Damon Albarn refuses to end performance, gets carried off stage by security
- 2Grateful Dead members planning full-scale tour with John Mayer
- 3Know Your Legal Rights At a Music Festival
- 4Watch Daft Punk play "Da Funk" for the first time in new clip from Eden
- 5Dave Grohl designed his Iron Throne while in the hospital, high on oxycontin
- 1FOX News says Kendrick Lamar "has done more damage to young African-Americans than racism"
- 2Damon Albarn refuses to end performance, gets carried off stage by security
- 3Dave Grohl designed his Iron Throne while in the hospital, high on oxycontin
- 4Foo Fighters' Top 10 Songs
- 5Kendrick Lamar responds to FOX News: "How can you take a song that’s about hope and turn it into hatred?"
- 1Dave Grohl breaks leg after falling off stage in Sweden, finishes concert anyway
- 2Kanye West silences the critics with earth-shattering Glastonbury performance
- 3Smash Mouth singer goes on tirade, attempts to fight fans after being pelted with slices of bread
- 4Foo Fighters cancel tour dates due to Dave Grohl's broken leg
- 5Concert photographer calls out Taylor Swift for "hypocritical" Apple open letter