Apologies for the sporadic appearance of these recap posts. But now that SXSW has come and gone, it’s back to business for everyone here at CoS. A lot’s happened since everyone making music right now packed up and left Austin. So let’s not waste anymore time. Here’s a round-up of last week’s biggest news items to send you off into next week.
– Want to know what went down at SXSW this year? You know you do. With that in mind, we put together a little recap of the festivities. And what about news coverage for that week? No worries. We’ve taken care of that, too.
– A Perfect Circle will embark on a massive North American tour this summer.
– A brand new Fleet Foxes single called “Battery Kinzie” hit the airwaves.
– Cults may not have a proper album out yet, but they did drop another track this week.
– Toy, a long-lost David Bowie LP, leaked online.
– TV on the Radio put out an awesome music video.
– And what would one of these recap posts be without a Foo Fighters update? The group posted the screening schedule for their forthcoming documentary.
– Justin Vernon revealed that the second Bon Iver LP is scheduled for a June release.
– Dubstepper extraordinaire Burial is back after long four years with new material.
– The last of Panda Bear‘s pre-Tomboy singles series became available.
– Radiohead announced plans to release a free newspaper. (No, not another free album. Sorry.)
– Tom Waits was finally inducted into the Rock N’ Roll Hall of Fame.
– The Flaming Lips and Neon Indian came together for an exclusive 12-inch single, which features four strangely titled tracks.
– This might not come as a shock to most of you, but Mercury Records has decided to pull the plug on physical singles.
– Pitchfork Music Festival announced its second round of lineup additions.
– The Pains of Being Pure at Heart are back with their sophomore effort, Belong. You can read Daniel Koren’s review by clicking here.
– What exactly is a review for a Britney Spears album doing on our site? Does it matter? Check out David Buchanan’s thoughts on her latest album.