Between St. Patty’s Day and Memorial Day, music lovers have a new holiday to celebrate — April 16th’s Record Store Day. Last Friday we presented 25 of our top picks, but with new releases continuing to stream in, the most-wanted list continues to expand. R.E.M., Regina Spektor, Glassjaw, and Built to Spill are among the latest acts to have announced exclusive releases for this year’s RSD, and you can find all the details below.
The list of RSD releases is sure to keep growing, so keep dropping by Consequence of Sound to stay informed. And if you haven’t yet, make sure to bookmark our Upcoming Releases Calendar.
– Bad Brains – God Of Love: Bad Brains’ first album for Madonna’s label Maverick, the original lineup of the group reunited. Ric Ocasek, the producer of their breakthrough Rock For Light, also returned to produce the record. This release includes two previously unreleased demo tracks: “Let’s Make Love” and “It’s Agreeable” on a bonus 7” vinyl.
— Built To Spill – “Ripple”: 7″ picture disc. Very limited collector’s edition is a picture disc and features only one track; a previously unreleased live version of the Grateful dead classic recorded live on October 11, 2010 in Charlotte, NC.
– Glassjaw – Worship And Tribute: Considered a hardcore masterpiece, this long sought-after pressing will be available on vinyl for the first time ever vinyl pressing in a limited edition.
– Jimmy Eat World – Bleed American: A special 10th Anniversary Limited edition 3-disc reissue of this seminal album featuring a disc of rarities and b-sides pressed on 140 gram vinyl (each one will be hand numbered with a gold foil stamp). There will also be a special run of colored vinyl made exclusive for the Zia Record Store Day tent at Coachella in support of their appearance at the festival.
– R.E.M. – Three: 3 – 7” single 45 RPM discs. The first three singles from their new album, Collapse Into Now, each in individual art gatefold sleeves. All B-sides are previously unreleased. Bernie Grundman mastering. Disc 1. “Mine Smell Like Honey”/ “Supernatural Superserious” (live in Raleigh, NC) Disc 2. “Oh My Heart”/ “Harborcoat” (live in Riga, Latvia) Disc 3. “ÃœBerlin”/ “What’s the Frequency, Kenneth?” (live in Oslo, Norway)
– Regina Spektor – Four From Far: Limited Edition 7” 33 1/3 RPM EP on powder-blue vinyl. Three previously unreleased tracks taken from 2009’s Far recording sessions, none of which have ever been available on vinyl, until now. Side A: “Riot Gear”, “The Sword & The Pen” Side B: “Time Is All Around”, “Eet (Live In London)”.