NewsTour Dates

The Cars announce 2011 tour dates

on April 01, 2011, 3:22pm

the cars move like this The Cars announce 2011 tour dates

It’s been a quarter century since The Cars released a new studio album and toured North America. This May, both waits will come to an end when the band supports the May 10th release of Move Like This with a 10-date tour. The trek launches May 10th in Seattle, and the Boston outfit will then hit Los Angeles and Oakland before making their way east. Stops in Denver Chicago, and Minneapolis follow, with a quartet of east coast dates then closing out the run in late May.

Ticket information will be revealed next week. In the meantime, peep the music video for “Blue Tip”, which is one of 10 tracks set to appear on the new album.

The Cars 2011 Tour Dates:
05/10 – Seattle, WA @ Showbox SoDo
05/12 – Los Angeles, CA @ Palladium
05/13 – Oakland, CA @ Fox Theater
05/15 – Denver, CO @ The Fillmore
05/17 – Minneapolis, MN @ First Avenue
05/18 – Chicago, IL @ Riviera Theatre
05/20 – Toronto, ON @ Sound Academy
05/23 – Washington, DC @ 9:30 Club
05/25 – New York, NY @ Roseland Ballroom
05/26 – Boston, MA @ House of Blues

Mnickole85
December 8, 2011 at 1:07 am

Fml! Come to Dallas! Pleeease!

Albert
October 7, 2011 at 3:15 pm

come to Puerto Rico

Carlover
October 1, 2011 at 4:36 am

Come to Australia

Golffguy97
July 29, 2011 at 5:39 am

They need more dates..like come to Florida.

Facobos
July 13, 2011 at 7:23 pm

I am also a great fan of the CARS.   What happened?  How could I miss this short concert?  Where was the promotion of the Concerts?  I live in El Paso.  I could of easily flown to California.  More dates, please!

Facobos
July 13, 2011 at 7:23 pm

kdalton
June 5, 2011 at 12:45 am

Saw the Cars in Philly, too, and I LOVED it!!!  Sound was great, band was VERY tight, and the crowd had a blast.  I was up front with my girls, and we really enjoyed seeing the band up close and personal.  Sure, they’re not chit chat freaks obsessed with audience participation, and it wasn’t the longest show ever.  But, the set list included 5 songs from the new album, an incredibly creative selection from their 70’s and 80’s catalog.  Having been a Ric Ocasek fangirl for EVER, it was awesome to see him smile on stage and actually ENJOY himself.  Even the stoic leader of this band couldn’t deny the contagious joy the audience shared.

Lance
June 11, 2011 at 9:07 pm

Favorite groupof all time,wish they would come to england

emkaydee
May 26, 2011 at 12:20 am

saw them in the 80’s – short show back then too – probably too exhausting for RicO with all his crazy onstage antics :)

Danny Williams
September 21, 2011 at 2:29 am

saw them in Austin Tx. september or october of 1980,   one of my best memories,  it was a real musical masterpiece . The show was one of a kind and recieved great reviews in all the local music periodicals . Do not remember it being short , but that was 30 years ago .

Sonialisa
May 13, 2011 at 5:54 pm

I agree.  We just seen them in  Hollywood yesterday and I could not believe that they have not played in so long and only jammed for a little over an hour (AFTER BEING AN HOUR AND A HALF LATE)….definitely not something I will remember and it was very rude!  Nobody rocks the fans more than the Stones!