After showering and eating something not drenched in grease, your first post-Bonnaroo activity should be getting caught up on all the non-Bonnaroo, music-related news that you went down last week. Fortunately, we got you covered; below, check out all of last week’s music headlines in easy-to-read bullet form. If something particularly tickles your interest, then click on the bullet’s respective link to check out the original news story. Also, be sure to stay tuned to Consequence of Sound for our complete recap of this year’s Bonnaroo.
Oh, and welcome back to the real world.
– Watch Yeasayer debut a brand new song live.
– Electric Daisy Carnival announced its 2011 lineup.
– Red Hot Chili Peppers revealed the tracklist for I’m With You.
– OFWGKTA’s Frank Ocean is hitting the studio with Kanye and Jay-Z.
– Jack White and Karen Elson ended their six-year marriage with a party.
– For your next family game night, pick up the Metallica version of Monopoly.
– Lil Wayne became just the second rapper ever to appear on MTV Unplugged.
– Check out a brand new song from The Rapture, via James Murphy’s turntable.
– Ra Roa caught up with The Flaming Lips’ Wayne Coyne to discuss the band’s gummy fetus amd stompbox, a possible Nick Cave collaobration and more.
– Finally, Clarence Clemons, the legendary saxaphonist of Bruce Springsteen & the Street Band suffered a stroke over the weekend. Our thought are with him and his family.