Music VideosNews

Video: Blink-182 – “Up All Night”

on August 26, 2011, 4:40pm

Blink-182 haven’t released an album in some eight years. So, when Neighborhoods‘ first single, “Up All Night”, premiered, it was a big deal, one that caused a mass swelling of nostalgia across the world.

Now that said track is ready to get the music video treatment, it only makes sense that it’d get two videos. The first, which debuted earlier this month, was comprised of unsanctioned fan clips the band put together into a montage as a way of saying thanks to their legions of followers. The second, slightly more official, debuted today and is available above. In itthe band trade the wacky antics of their fans for the wanton destruction of the greatest block party ever thrown. It’s nice to see that even after all these years, the boys still know how to behave like true hooligans.

Neighborhoods arrives in stores on September 27th via Geffen. We have the album’s tracklist below.

Neighborhoods Tracklist:
01. Ghost On The Dance Floor
02. A La Mode
03. This is Home
04. Snake Charmer
05. MH 4.18.2011
06. Even If She Falls
07. You Too
08. Up All Night
09. After Midnight
10. Natives
11. Kaleidoscope (Bonus)
12. Fighting The Gravity (Bonus)
13. Heart’s All Gone (Bonus)

Dramerkita
September 21, 2011 at 8:22 am

Sound’s good!
alacka..

Stefan
September 4, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Don’t read my comments if you don’t like them man! Ha ha. Clearly I’m just sittin’ here playing with myself as I watch Blue’s Clues, if it’s not for you then just move on. Jeez. Some people. Always hatin’.

Also I think the Mellencamp thing is funny cuz this Chris has him listed under his favorite bands, so hopefully I haven’t just exploded the above commenter’s head in the internalizing of their own childish hypocracy.

Anyways, I’ve got to go back to my parents’ basement and blare “Pink Houses” as I watch some show that is insulting for me to be watching. Peace!

Corey123
August 31, 2011 at 7:41 pm

Blink 182 is without a doubt one of the greatest bands of all time. A true testament that today’s music is not all complete trash. So maybe they are not the most talented trio ever to play music but if anyone in this comment stream can say they don’t know at least one of their songs your a fucking liar! Blink infuses fun and carefree spirits into rock music and without a doubt in my opinion is one of the best bands of all time. Haters gonna hate. But just saying if you hate blink or think they suck it’s funny how you ended up on this page watching their new video :p

Stefan
September 4, 2011 at 5:42 pm

I think Corey just has a very good and well thought out system for grading the Greatest Bands Ever. Lets implement this please and crown Katy Perry the Best Ever already!!!!!!! Thanks Corey, my eyes and hears are now open. Uhg. I may “hate” but at least I’m not stupid.

Doug Murphy
August 29, 2011 at 11:51 am

Blues Clues insults? What is this, 1998?

Kellisfh
August 29, 2011 at 4:57 am

Fantastic band. That’s all I can say. They don’t need to be anything else, because they’re blink-182. Let the Foo Fighters be the Foo Fighters and on and on and yada yada. There’s a market for all of it. It’s not always the most talented people who win. Sometimes it’s hard work and sometimes people just got it that way. Blink 182 just has it that way. Don’t hate. They’re still the most fun thing in happening in music today. I don’t need eye popping guitar solo’s, weird keys, and off beat tempos to enjoy music. It’s supposed to be fun.

Stefan
September 4, 2011 at 5:43 pm

EDIT: It’s supposed to fun and about balls.

Stewart W
August 28, 2011 at 3:39 pm

It’s clearly evident in the comments below that people are getting very emotional about the Blink coverage. Blink 182 was my absolute favourite band from grades 7-9 and I thought, “Wow these guys are the greatest band in the world and I’ll love them forever!”. And then sure enough, that forever ended when I grew up and lost the taste of humour that these 30-somethings still enjoy, and discovered bands with actual talent. Are Blink’s songs catchy? Yup. Did they once mean something in the lives of 13 year olds everywhere? Yup. Would I be caught listening to them today? Not a chance.

I get angry when I see people on CoS bashing Foo Fighters or my home-boys Arcade Fire, and so I won’t go on to attack the author of this piece for loving Blink – as many people below have. This music has served it’s purpose though, and like I did in grade 9, maybe it’s time for people to let go of what they once loved so much and embrace that there are more talented and innovative bands out there than Blink 182.

Doug Murphy
August 29, 2011 at 11:53 am

No reason you can’t love blink AND embrace the innovative bands.

The Civil Flight
August 29, 2011 at 9:43 pm

I’m not sure I follow “Would I be caught listening to them today? Not a chance”  What exactly are you saying?  That you like the song but are concerned with what others might think of that?  I can tell you I’m no Blink fan, so I’m not coming at you from some fan perspective.  But hopefully I misinterpreted that line, and that isn’t what you meant at all.

Stewart W
August 29, 2011 at 11:43 pm

Haha no it wasn’t, I meant that no one would ever catch me listening to Blink 182 because I won’t be listening

tim peters
August 26, 2011 at 2:18 pm

Did they make this video in London?

Stefan
August 26, 2011 at 8:55 am

You even have the track list posted. For nostalgia’s sake too no doubt.

I guess what bothers me about this so much is that there are around 50 bands better than Blink, and have always been head and shoulders above them, that are from the early-mid 90’s who are still active and putting out new stuff yet you chose Blink as the one to give some 2011 credit to? Why? Will you be covering Fall Out Boy in 3 years too? What’s going on, it looks like you’ve lost your collective music minds, or perhaps one music mind in particular needs to go.

I could understand I short blurb like, High School Fart Brigade are still trying to be the last ones to leave the house party, even though they now own the house. Fans should love it. Boom done. Meanwhile we’d like you the reader to know that we would rather focus on music whose importance isn’t limited to its sole ability of allowing you to relive the memory of the time you were drunk with your fellow dudes and punching each other in the nuts.

Doug Murphy
August 26, 2011 at 1:59 pm

I love this.  You clearly hate the band, so you choose to spend your time on the Internet letting everyone know you hate the band.  We get it.  If this article doesn’t pertain to you, don’t click on it.  Do I care that Little Wayne has an album coming out? Nope, but you certainly won’t find me trying to detract from any other person’s fondness of him.  Some things you just need to let go.

Bootna182
August 26, 2011 at 3:19 pm

I could not have said it better myself.

Stefan
August 26, 2011 at 8:34 am

“The greatest block party ever thrown”????? Are you 12 years old? What is cool, unless you are 12 years old, about this video? Yes Chris, it’s very nice to see adults act like “true hooligans”, very nice and cool. I love how you continually try to play off your “2011 Blink 182″ gaganess under the guise of nostalgia. You are not being nostalgiac when you say “they still got it!”. Stop dragging nostaligia’s name through the immature dumb teeneage boy mud. Just say, “I love Blink 182 and we all at CoS believe in them, still!”.

You guys are for realz excited about this shit, just fucking say it! Admit that you feel Blink 182 has a rightful spot amongst artists in 2011. Or just finally realize it’s time to have that heart to heart you’ve all been avoiding with Chris about his juvenile taste in music.

The icing on the cake is his insightful “after all these years, the boys still know how to behave like true hooligans”. What on earth did you think Blink 182 was other than the most emotionally immature, slightly misogynistic, farts are funny, one dimensional band for always and forever? Yes, after all these years indeed… good grief you guys, get a hold of this quick!

Miles
August 26, 2011 at 4:47 pm

What a self-hating douchebag… The world, and certainly the fine folks at CoS, are not so narrow-minded as to only give the limelight to one particular brand of rock music. If oyu want that, go to Pitchfork, you hipster-posing dumb$!%…

Stefan