New MusicNews

Check Out: Blink-182 – “After Midnight”

on September 06, 2011, 2:56pm

blink 182 neighborhoods Check Out: Blink 182   After Midnight

Blink-182‘s “Up All Night”, the first single from the trio’s upcoming sixth album Neighborhoods, was a blast of nostalgia from an era not-so-long gone. With “After Midnight”, the LP’s second single, the trip down memory lane continues. Premiering on Zane Lowe’s BBC Radio 1 show, the cut is more of Blink the last time we heard from the band: something decidedly epic with an intimate touch, an effort that highlights each member’s strengths (Tom DeLonge’s romantic verses, Mark Hoppus’ grand chorus, and Travis Barker’s bangin’ drum skills) to make for one fairly anthemic effort. As they say, if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it. Check out the track below, or download your own copy via the band’s website.

Neighborhoods arrives in stores on September 27th via Geffen.

Guest
October 25, 2011 at 6:06 pm

Hello. They are aging, and you can’t really expect them to be 23 if they are older.

Missbettyliem
October 25, 2011 at 6:03 pm

Love you, Thomas.

TakingBackSunday
September 12, 2011 at 7:34 pm

HOLY TITS… This. Song. Is. Fucking. Amazing! But i definitely agree goodjobblink.. For sure. Their new album is gonna be sick (:

goodjobblink
September 11, 2011 at 2:12 am

They grew up. The angst is gone. I grew up with blink-182 and at first I couldn’t accept there mature sound because I myself haven’t matured. Now being older, growing myself and growing as a musician, I can really appreciate there new sound. I definitley don’t write songs like I use to when I had “angst” and fear of growing up. Its time to expand.

Blinkfan123
September 9, 2011 at 12:03 am

as a blink fan, this is disappointing

blinkstillrocksmyworld
September 8, 2011 at 11:53 pm

I like this sound! Sure it’s not traditional, but you can’t just wave it off because it’s different. Open up your mind and you’ll find that Blink-182 is still Blink, they just have a different sound in a couple of songs. What’s wrong with expanding and trying new things? Nothing. Love this, Blink :)

blink_fan_from_Poland
September 8, 2011 at 2:04 pm

in my opinion it sounds like blend of music of AVA and +44. It’s not the same blink it was but their music is still awesome :)

Jeffgq_1
September 7, 2011 at 7:53 pm

sounds like angels & airwaves to me. oh well. decent tune. cant wait until #6 sept 23rd west palm beach!!

young h e
September 7, 2011 at 6:08 pm

hardbody

Cheryl Buckley
September 7, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Blink’s back baby! <3

Cheryl Buckley
September 7, 2011 at 4:51 pm

Blink’s back baby! <3

LeftOfTheDial
September 7, 2011 at 1:48 pm

You guys are all high. This is completely AVERAGE. Terrible auto-tuned vocals. More effects on the vocals than a fucking robot. You would not know honest organic music if it bit you on your swoopy hair wearing ass.

Navidtheman
September 8, 2011 at 11:14 am

they sound just like this live you retard they dont autotune anything..

Jamie_kemp_1864
September 7, 2011 at 7:04 am

Manolo
September 7, 2011 at 1:10 am

strumming bass from Mark. Blink is back

Alex ‘Techy’ Watts
September 6, 2011 at 10:08 pm

STOKED.

Pjb453
September 6, 2011 at 8:01 pm

my nipples got hard when listening to this    LOVE IT!!!!!!

legrandfilou
September 6, 2011 at 7:41 pm

It’s good. I don’t know if it’s really single material though. The ‘Heart’s All Gone’ track (which can be found on YouTube) would have been better – energetic and far more in tune with blinks veteran listeners. This is more one of those growers you’ll discover on the album. Cannot wait until the album drops!

legrandfilou
September 6, 2011 at 7:41 pm

legrandfilou
September 6, 2011 at 7:41 pm

Nick Detweiler
September 7, 2011 at 6:20 pm

Completely agree with you, especially about “Heart’s All Gone”.

Reesed