Norah Jones’ last side project (providing vocals for Danger Mouse and Daniele Luppi’s Rome) may have had more star power, but her next outing has just as much retro flair. In January 2012, EMI’s Milking Bill Records will release Jones’ country-tinged band The Little Willies‘ effort of covers, entitled For The Good Times.
The 12-track effort features covers from a variety of down-home legends, including Johnny Cash, Kris Kristofferson, Dolly Parton, Loretta Lynn, and many more. The LP is the band’s follow-up to 2006′s self-titled debut, which featured covers from Townes Van Zandt and Willie Nelson.
Formed in 2003, the remainder of the band is comprised of Lee Alexander (bass), Jim Campilongo (guitar), Richard Julian (guitar, vocals), and Dan Rieser (drums). The five-piece formed as an excuse for the friends/collaborators to play The Living Room on New York’s Lower East Side.
Check out the album’s tracklist below. Just before that is the band’s June 2007 cover of Hank Williams’ “Lovesick Blues”.
For The Good Times Tracklist:
01. I Worship You (Ralph Stanley)
02. Remember Me (Scott Wiseman)
03. Diesel Smoke, Dangerous Curves (Cal Martin)
04. Lovesick Blues (Cliff Friend/Irving Mills)
05. Tommy Rockwood (Jim Campilongo)
06. Fist City (Loretta Lynn)
07. Permanently Lonely (Willie Nelson)
08. Foul Owl On The Prowl (Quincy Jones/Alan Bergman/Marilyn Bergman)
09. Wide Open Road (Johnny Cash)
10. For The Good Times (Kris Kristofferson)
11. If You’ve Got The Money I’ve Got The Time (Lefty Frizzell/Jim Beck)
12. Jolene (Dolly Parton)