While Annie Clark has earned a lot of well-deserved acclaim as a songwriter and guitarist, she’s also a brilliant reinterpreter of other artists’ songs. From Big Black and INXS to Tom Waits and Dolly Parton, Clark has put her own distinct brand on everything from classic tracks to beloved obscurities since she burst onto the indie rock scene five years ago. Here are several of Clark’s best cover songs from over the years.
St. Vincent’s Best Cover Songs
on September 09, 2011, 11:02am
- 1Star Wars: The Force Awakens drops surprise new teaser trailer -- watch
- 2The 25 Best Rock Acts with Unique Setlists
- 3Chief Keef named his newborn son after the website for his record label
- 4Kanye's face perfectly sums up Macklemore & Ryan Lewis' new song
- 5N.W.A.'s manager Jerry Heller says not letting Eazy-E kill Suge Knight was "a big mistake"
- 1Fan fronts Foo Fighters for cover of Rush's "Tom Sawyer" -- watch
- 2R.I.P. Pink Floyd, legendary psych-rock band is officially broken up
- 3Here's your first look at Luke Skywalker in Star Wars: The Force Awakens
- 4Motörhead frontman Lemmy has switched from whiskey to vodka for health reasons
- 5Last night's Key & Peele sketch on OutKast was perfect