While Annie Clark has earned a lot of well-deserved acclaim as a songwriter and guitarist, she’s also a brilliant reinterpreter of other artists’ songs. From Big Black and INXS to Tom Waits and Dolly Parton, Clark has put her own distinct brand on everything from classic tracks to beloved obscurities since she burst onto the indie rock scene five years ago. Here are several of Clark’s best cover songs from over the years.
St. Vincent’s Best Cover Songs
on September 09, 2011, 11:02am
- 1Happy 4/20: Highly Suggested Films for Specific Strains of Weed
- 2Was Drake the worst headliner in Coachella history?
- 3Jack White turns final performance of "Seven Nation Army" into call of arms -- watch
- 4Coachella 2015 Festival Review: From Worst to Best
- 5Yoko Ono: Ringo Starr "was the most influential Beatle"
- 1Coachella 2015 Festival Review: From Worst to Best
- 2Here's our first look at the Griswold family in new Vacation film
- 3American hero puts Justin Bieber in stranglehold and kicks him out of Coachella
- 4MTV resurrects Celebrity Deathmatch for new season
- 5Watch the leaked trailer Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice
- 1Here's our first look at the Griswold family in new Vacation film
- 2Coachella 2015 Festival Review: From Worst to Best
- 3You can blame Lars Ulrich for the lack of bass on Metallica's ... And Justice For All
- 4American hero puts Justin Bieber in stranglehold and kicks him out of Coachella
- 5Netflix looking to revive Full House for new 13-episode season