While Annie Clark has earned a lot of well-deserved acclaim as a songwriter and guitarist, she’s also a brilliant reinterpreter of other artists’ songs. From Big Black and INXS to Tom Waits and Dolly Parton, Clark has put her own distinct brand on everything from classic tracks to beloved obscurities since she burst onto the indie rock scene five years ago. Here are several of Clark’s best cover songs from over the years.
St. Vincent’s Best Cover Songs
on September 09, 2011, 11:02am
- 1Dutch punk singer catches flying beer mid-crowd surf, proving he is the greatest human ever
- 2Dr. Dre says Detox is dead
- 3All it took was a 1,000-person performance of "Learn to Fly" to compel Foo Fighters to visit Cesena
- 4Mos Def joins Kendrick Lamar for "Alright" at Osheaga -- watch
- 5Here's the Radiohead-Seinfeld mashup you've always wanted.
- 1Billy Corgan addresses his trip to Disneyland: "What the fuck do you want from me?"
- 2Cleveland State University students chant Kendrick Lamar's "Alright" in protest against police
- 3Billy Corgan asked whether Courtney Love killed Kurt Cobain, and things got uncomfortable fast
- 41,000 diehard fans campaign for Foo Fighters' concert with giant performance of "Learn to Fly"
- 5All it took was a 1,000-person performance of "Learn to Fly" to compel Foo Fighters to visit Cesena
- 1Drake responds to Meek Mill with new diss track "Charged Up" -- listen
- 2Watch the first trailer for anti-superhero epic Suicide Squad
- 3Cast of Back to the Future reunites to mark film's 30th anniversary
- 4Billy Corgan addresses his trip to Disneyland: "What the fuck do you want from me?"
- 5Damon Albarn refuses to end performance, gets carried off stage by security