While Annie Clark has earned a lot of well-deserved acclaim as a songwriter and guitarist, she’s also a brilliant reinterpreter of other artists’ songs. From Big Black and INXS to Tom Waits and Dolly Parton, Clark has put her own distinct brand on everything from classic tracks to beloved obscurities since she burst onto the indie rock scene five years ago. Here are several of Clark’s best cover songs from over the years.
St. Vincent’s Best Cover Songs
on September 09, 2011, 11:02am
- 1D'Angelo gives powerful performance on Saturday Night Live -- watch
- 2Jack White and A Tribe Called Quest's Q-Tip stun MSG with ferocious melding of rap and rock -- watch
- 3Top 10 4AD Albums
- 4New Gorillaz on the way: Damon Albarn and Jamie Hewlett confirm return of the band
- 5Win Butler to play in NBA All-Star Celebrity Game
- 1Update: Tom Petty awarded songwriting royalties for Sam Smith's "Stay With Me"
- 2Top 10 4AD Albums
- 3Live Review: Marilyn Manson at New York City's Terminal 5 (1/29)
- 4Blink-182 says Tom DeLonge has quit the band, to the surprise of Tom DeLonge
- 5Faith No More announce North American tour, new single "Superhero"