Hot on the heels of the release of their first full length LP, Kaboom! I Fight Dragons is teaming up with Consequence of Sound and Moviestorm to put you in the director’s chair for their next video – no film school degree or equipment required! We want YOU to create the official video for their brand new track, “Working”.
Fan-made music video contests are a dime a dozen, but leave it to I Fight Dragons and the minds of CoS to come up with something drastically different: a computer animated video contest! But don’t worry, you don’t have to have a souped-up machine and a computer science degree to animate, you just have to have a vision. We’ve teamed-up with Moviestorm to put in your hands the ultimate tool to bring your cinematic dreams to life. Moviestorm, the virtual movie studio, allows users to make entire films with no limitations and an easy-to use interface that anyone can understand. Special effects, infinite camera angles, virtual actors, vehicles – all in the raw and retro computer generated style of game series The Sims, online world Second Life, and mind-bending Adult Swim show Xavier: Renegade Angel. Infinite possibilities, and no budget required! The winning video will be selected by the band as the official video for the song, plus the top five winners will receive fully-unlocked copies of the Moviestorm software, normally priced at $225!
This is a rare opportunity to unleash your imagination and showcase your skills with one of the hottest up-and-coming acts around. Everyone participating has a level playing field: the same equipment, the same chance, and the winner will ultimately be the person with the most creativity and ingenuity. This is your opportunity to make a video the likes of which no one has ever seen before – seize it!
The winning video will be selected by the band as the official video for the song, plus the top five winners will receive fully-unlocked copies of the Moviestorm software, normally priced at $225! The contest runs until December 21st so get cracking!
How to Get Started
1) Listen and download the I Fight Dragons track “Working” from their new LP, Kaboom!
2) Download the Free Trial of Moviestorm and then unlock the software for the full duration of the contest! You’ll get access to all the characters, locations, and props you’ll need to make your video come to life! To unlock: During the registration step, check “I have an activation key”, enter “IFD2011″, and register.
3) Get animating! Moviestorm is easy to learn and easy to use. Want to see what the software is capable of? Check this out:
If you find yourself in need of help, they have a great selection of video tutorials.
4) Post the video to your YouTube or Vimeo channel and be sure to put “IFD Contest” in the header. Remember to render out in the highest quality for the best visuals!
5) Send a link to your entry as well as your name/handle, Moviestorm username, and any additonal information to: firstname.lastname@example.org Be sure to send it from an e-mail address that you regularly check!
This contest runs ’til December 21st – all entry e-mails must be received by 11:59 p.m. PST.
Upon winning, the winning entrant will be asked to send the raw video file to CoS and IFD for posting. I Fight Dragons reserves the right to repost and redistribute the winning video as they see fit. However, the winning director will always receive credit.