HotNewsTour Dates

David Lee Roth and Van Halen confirm 2012 tour dates

on December 26, 2011, 7:58am

Van Halen will tour with singer David Lee Roth in 2012, marking their first such venture in five years. The news was revealed this morning with a YouTube video featuring the band rehearsing on stage. Specific tour dates are still forthcoming, but the first round of tickets go on sale January 10th.

Along with their upcoming tour, Van Halen recently signed with Interscope Records and will reportedly release a new album in 2012. The release will mark the band’s first album with Roth since 1983’s 1984.

The current Van Halen lineup features Roth, founding members Eddie and Alex Van Halen, and Eddie’s 20-year son Wolfgang Van Halen, who replaced longtime basist Michael Anthony in 2006.

Stay tuned for news on both the band’s upcoming tour and new album. In the meantime, watch the announcement video below. Warning: Roth is in gyration overload.

Axeman
January 28, 2012 at 1:08 pm

I am just glad to even see this old band play again. There are not many of the greats around and the new stuff is just nonsense. Roth is the only way to have this band back on the road. As for Anthony….oh well, his choice. Let’s see what the kid can do and he is a ”Van Halen!”   Rockin’ in Edmonton, Alberta on May 11!!!
Axeman

Damsbaugh
January 5, 2012 at 7:31 pm

The headline says VH confirms tour dates, but the article says no specific dates have been announced.  Can I sue for false advertising?

Kvhmzc
December 30, 2011 at 1:52 am

always wanted to meet the best guitar player to walk the planet. maybe someday.i have a 2002 white chevy pickup customized with a guitar and VH logo on both sides.been asked several times if it`s a vh limited addition truck.that is cool.can`t wait to see vh again.would like to see mike too but it`s not up to us.with or without him, they will rock the house anytime anywhere.peace fn out

hugh
December 28, 2011 at 10:59 pm

This is no different that Kiss touring without Ace or Peter. The name is the same but the dynamics of the band is different. I’m sure it will be a great show, but it would be better with all original members. This was Mike’s band as well and it’s disappointing that he has been squeezed out.

Mike
December 28, 2011 at 3:11 pm

Sammy called me up on stage to sing Jump with him on his first tour with Van Halen. I’m hoping Dave will do the same thing:P

seang77
December 28, 2011 at 12:45 pm

to Mubelhart, Obviously you’re not a true Halen fan as myself and others on here. I saw them on the 84 tour, they were unreal, then monsters of rock tour w Hagar, and walked around during their set. Van Halen is not Van Halen without roth, but have you forgotten who came up with all the classic vocal harmonies??  yeah,… Michael Anthony! who wrote the Basslines to the classics?! yup M.A. look, I I saw the last tour, and I loved it, and I will see this tour, but it’s not the full V.H. i’m a musician, and for someone to say, ” who gives a shit” about a founding member is fucking retarded.  go listen to your Maroon 5 CD and shut your hole.

Mubelhart
December 27, 2011 at 5:25 pm

hell no, who gives a sh  about michael anthony, onl;y 2 guys matter in this band

Frank Black
December 27, 2011 at 9:46 pm

smuck

Hagarfan
December 28, 2011 at 12:28 am

Without Michael Anthony it is not Van Halen.

Guppycal
December 27, 2011 at 12:18 pm

IT IS 5150 TIME! PARTY ON!

hagarfan
December 28, 2011 at 12:27 am

5150 was with Sammy Hagar you tool.

Sillkree
December 27, 2011 at 5:45 am

EDDIE IS THE NICEST PERSON IVE EVER MET= AS WELL AS BEING THE WORLDS
BEST GUITARIST. SO PLEASE ED, PUT REAL ROCK BACK IN THIS WORLD,so we can help get our youth off this no talent RAP crap…. thank you ,

Paceconcertman
December 27, 2011 at 4:41 am

This is no big deal without Anthony again

Cindylynn09
December 27, 2011 at 2:53 am

saw them the last time with wolfgang… very good

Steelerfan500
December 26, 2011 at 9:38 pm

AHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!  I’M DYING!!  I absolutely can’t wait!!  I saw them several years ago when Dave got back together with them and they were just like the VH from the old days.

Astoval
December 26, 2011 at 7:26 pm

Bro, my band does Van Halen covers along with other stuff and our originals. I can say the vocals are better than what Roth does today.  Just check out the youtube vids of Van Halen recently compared to back in the day. I’m the biggest Van Halen fan you will ever meet, so keep that in mind and keep an open mind when commenting on the subject….you know, kind of like when you own something, you’ll never talk bad about it because you bought it.

Astoval
December 26, 2011 at 4:15 pm

Subscribing…….,but until Uncle Eddie gets off his high horse and comes down to Earth without the chip on his shoulder

Astoval
December 26, 2011 at 3:56 pm

Subscribing……, but until Uncle Eddie gets off his high horse and comes down to Earth without the chip on his shoulder, I’m not expecting much from this band. These guys need to get back to basics and just rip out some raw rock and roll with no frills. GUYS, (ED)…STOP TRYING TO RE-INVENT YOURSELVES AND YOUR SOUND. DAVE, GET OFF THE BUTTS AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR AGING VOICE AND MAYBE, JUST MAYBE YOU GUYS WILL IMPRESS THE REAL VAN HALEN FANS!

Julie Cox
December 26, 2011 at 6:57 pm

I saw them on their last tour

The were just like the old VH

Dont miss them this time

Astoval
December 26, 2011 at 7:22 pm

I saw them on their last tour too. They were NOT like the Halen of old. They did not have the fire and intensity or even close for that matter and Roth just plain cannot sing or scream for that matter. Look on youtube at clips from 2007-2008 and clips from say, 1983

Astoval
December 26, 2011 at 7:47 pm

Here’s Van Halen of old >http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b7mRIdAD48&feature=related

Here’s a few years ago> (good quality) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCX_62GBYWI

Bakes