The worlds of hip-hop and trip-hop have collided with a remix of Nas’ single “The Don” by Massive Attack. The reworking loops together synth and bass, extending the original by nearly four minute. Listen to it below (via The Quietus).
In other news, Nas recently revealed the tracklist for his upcoming 10th LP, Life is Good, and Rick Ross, Mary J. Blige, and the late Amy Winehouse are among the featured contributors. Also of note is the exclusion of the ripping first single, “Nasty”, which is now to set to appear as a bonus track.
Life is Good arrives July 17th via Def Jam.
Life is Good Tracklist:
01. No Introduction
02. Loco-Motive (feat. Large Professor)
03. A Queens Story
04. Accident Murderers (feat. Rick Ross)
06. Reach Out (feat. Mary J. Blige)
07. World’s An Addiction (feat. Anthony Hamilton)
08. Summer On Smash (feat. Miguel & Swizz Beatz)
09. You Wouldn’t Understand (feat. Victoria Monet)
10. Back When
11. The Don
13. Cherry Wine (feat. Amy Winehouse)
14. Bye Baby
15. Nasty (Bonus)
16. The Black Bond (Bonus)
17. Roses (Bonus)
18. Wheres The Love – (feat. Cocaine 80s) (Bonus)
19. Trust (iTunes Bonus Track) (Bonus)
20. The Don (Don Dada Remix) (Japan Bonus Track)