Audiography: Episode 049: “Alex Ebert (of Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros)”
In this edition of Audiography, we review the dreamy, gothic debut by Family Band; the latest from Boston’s Constants as they attempt to evolve their sound; and the debut by Allen Stone, who may or may not be the latest entry in the catalogue of blue-eyed soul. We also feature an interview with Alex Ebert, leader of Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros
, the California art pop collective re-injecting a “Laurel Canyon” sensitivity into rock and roll.
In 2012, the band will release two albums, the already released Here and a second as yet untitled album later in the year. We discussed both albums and traveling to Louisiana to work outside of their home studio. We also touched upon the messianic imagery around the Edward Sharpe persona, the band’s mythology, and synchronicity among its members. We even ventured a little into his other (and drastically different) band, Ima Robot.
01. Family Band – “Night Song” (excerpt), “Ride” (excerpt)
02. Constants – “1985” (excerpt)
03. Allen Stone – “The Wind” (excerpt), “Contact High” (excerpt)
04. Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros – “40 Day Dream” (Up From Below)
05. Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros – “Janglin’” (Up From Below)
06. Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros – “All Wash Out” (Here)
07. Ima Robot – “Sine Your Life Away” (Alive EP)
08. Edward Sharpe & the Magnetic Zeros – “Home” (Up From Below)
Audiography Episode 049 – ”Alex Ebert ( of Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros)”
Written and Produced by Len Comaratta, Alex Young, Jeremy Larson, Chris Coplan, Adam Kivel, Nick Freed, Jon Bernstein, and Bryant Kitching.
Podcast: Play in new window
Are you enjoying Audiography? Subscribe to the Podcast via iTunes!