On this edition of Audiography we feature news and reviews of the latest albums by San Francisco twins Philistines
, the return of Lupe Fiasco
, and the skullcleaving beauty of Converge
. We also feature an interview between Consequence of Sound
‘s Len Comaratta and Critter Fuqua, a founding member of Old Crow Medicine Show
, who has returned to the band after five years away as the band promotes its latest, Carry Me Back.
Having earned a reputation for playing some of the most authentic, genuine, old-timey bluegrass music out there, the two discuss Fuqua’s time away and what brought about his return, the band’s early days busking in Boone, NC and what it means to be ambassadors of their respective genre.
01. Philistines – “Keep It Simple” (excerpt), “Woo Hoo Hoo” (excerpt)
02. Lupe Fiasco – “ITAL [Roses]” (excerpt), “Heart Donor” (excerpt)
03. Converge – “Vicious Muse” (excerpt), “Trespasses” (excerpt)
04. Old Crow Medicine Show – “Mississippi Saturday Night” (Carry Me Home)
05. Old Crow Medicine Show – “Swanee Cat Fight” (Carry Me Home)
06. Old Crow Medicine Show – “My Girl” (Big Iron World)
07. Old Crow Medicine Show – “Wagon Wheel” (OCMS)
Audiography Episode 059 – “Critter Fuqua (of Old Crow Medicine Show)”
Written and produced by Len Comaratta, Alex Young, Michael Roffman, Adam Kivel, Amanda Koellner, Bryant Kitching, David Von Bader, and Nick Freed.
Podcast: Play in new window
Are you enjoying Audiography? Subscribe to the Podcast via iTunes!