On this edition of Audiography, we feature the latest news as well as reviews of new albums like Patrick Wolf
revisiting his past on Sundark and Riverlight
, Death Grips
’ new mixtape, the relentless, mind warping NO LOVE DEEP WEB,
’s banal, forgettable fifth release, Information Retrieved.
We also feature a conversation between Consequence of Sound
’s Len Comaratta and James Iha, former guitarist and co-founder of Smashing Pumpkins.
After the Pumpkins broke up, Iha kept busy in a variety of projects ranging from soundtracking films and going on tour with A Perfect Circle to a clothing line, running a label and becoming a producer. Recently Iha released Look to the Sky, his second solo album and first in over 14 years.
During the conversation the two covered the artist’s extensive career, why it took so long for a second solo album to materialize, and what the future has in store for Tinted Windows, his power pop band with Bun E. Carlos, Adam Schlesinger and Taylor Hanson.
01. Patrick Wolf – “The Libertine” (excerpt), “Paris” (excerpt)
02. Death Grips – “Stockton” (excerpt), “Artificial Death In the West” (excerpt)
03. Pinback – “Proceed to Memory” (excerpt), “His Phase” (excerpt)
04. James Iha – “To Who Knows Where” (Look To the Sky)
05. James Iha – “Til Next Tuesday” (Look To the Sky)
06. James Iha – “Sayonara-Nostalgia/BaseBallBear” (Linda Linda Linda OST)
07. The Smashing Pumpkins – “Blew Away” (Pisces Iscariot)
08. A Perfect Circle – “People Are People” (Emotive)
09. James Iha & Kazu Makino – “The Ballad of Bonnie and Clyde” (Monsieur Gainsbourg Revisited)
10. Tinted Windows – “Kind of a Girl” (Tinted Windows)
Audiography: Episode 060: “James Iha (formerly of Smashing Pumpkins)”
Written and produced by Len Comaratta, Alex Young, Chris Coplan, Michael Roffman, Adam Kivel, Jeremy Larson, Bryant Kitching, Justin Gerber, and Nick Freed
Podcast: Play in new window
Are you enjoying Audiography? Subscribe to the Podcast via iTunes!