Audiography: Episode 062: “Bob Mould (of Husker Du and Sugar)”
On this edition of Audiography, we feature reviews of Chicago improvisational bassist Joshua Abrams
and his adventurous Represencing
and the latest mixtape
by Mr. Muthafuckin eXquire
released against his label’s wishes. We also feature a discussion between Consequence of Sound
’s Len Comaratta and Bob Mould
, founder of legendary bands HÃ¼sker DÃ¼ and Sugar, as the artist releases his latest solo effort Silver Age.
The two discuss Mould’s return to aggressive pop and playing three-minute songs again on Silver Age. Mould talks about his departure from HÃ¼sker DÃ¼ and why a reunion just wouldn’t work, as well as how Sugar began as a solo effort that organically became a band. He also touches upon his exploration of electronic music and what folk guitarist Richard Thompson means to him.
01. Joshua Abrams – “Sungazer” (excerpt), “Moon Hunger” (excerpt)
02. Mr. Mutha Fuckin’ eXquire – “Fucked Yo Mama” (excerpt), “Just Writin vol 1” (excerpt)
03. Bob Mould – “Silver Age” (Silver Age)
04. Bob Mould – “Keep Believin’” (Silver Age)
05. Husker Du – “I Apologize” (New Day Rising)
06. Bob Mould – “See A Little Light” (Workbook)
07. Sugar – “Your Favorite Thing” (File Under: Easy Listening)
08. Bob Mould – “180 Rain” (Modulate)
09. Bob Mould – “Turning of the Tide” (Beat the Retreat – Songs By Richard Thompson)
Audiography: Episode 062: “Bob Mould (of HÃ¼sker DÃ¼ and Sugar)”
Written and produced by Len Comaratta, Alex Young, Adam Kivel, Bryant Kitching, Chris Coplan, Nick Freed
Podcast: Play in new window
Are you enjoying Audiography? Subscribe to the Podcast via iTunes!