On this edition of Audiography, we feature reviews of the newest albums by music legend Brian Eno and his latest ambient work Lux, grunge era veterans Soundgarden with King Animal, the band’s first album in 16 years, and another link in the synth chain with Social Studies’ sophomore release, Developer.
We also feature an interview with Yeasayer’s Anand Wilder, who discusses Fragrant World, and the evolution of the band’s sound over the course of its three releases. He also touches on the impact that the internet and blogs have on both bands and the industry as well as who would win in a match up against Animal Collective.
01. Brian Eno – “Lux” (excerpt)
02. Soundgarden – “Non-State Actor” (excerpt), “Been Away Too Long” (excerpt)
03. Social Studies – “Away For the Weekend” (excerpt), “Paint” (excerpt)
04. Yeasayer – “Grizelda” (Odd Blood)
05. Yeasayer – “Longevity” (Fragrant World)
06. Yeasayer – “Tightrope” (Dark Was the Night: Red Hot Compilation)
07. Yeasayer – “O.N.E.” (Odd Blood)
08. Yeasayer – “Fingers Never Bleed” (Fragrant World)
Audiography: Episode 063: “Anand Wilder (of Yeasayer)”
Written and produced by Len Comaratta, Alex Young, Chris Coplan, Jeremy D. Larson, Michael Roffman, Adam Kivel, Matt Melis, Bryant Kitching, Amanda Koellner, and Nick Freed.
Are you enjoying Audiography? Subscribe to the Podcast via iTunes!