On this edition of Audiography, we feature the latest news and reviews of Scott Walker’s latest, Bish Bosch, the aggressive punk of Code Orange Kids and their album, Love Is Love/Return to Dust, and Junkie XL’s Synthesized. We also feature an interview with Tom Morello, guitarist for Rage Against the Machine, the legendary punk-metal act known for its polemic subject matter and volatile delivery.
As the band celebrates the 20th anniversary of its self-titled debut album, Consequence of Sound’s Len Comaratta and Morello discussed the commemorative box-set, an all encompassing collection of videos, music and imagery surrounding the debut as well as if Rage is returning for good. The conversation also covered Morello’s other projects, The Nightwatchman and Street Sweeper Social Club, and even dove into a little of the political.
01. Scott Walker – “SDSS14+13B (Zercon, A Flagpole Sitter)” (excerpt), “See You Don’t Bump His Head” (excerpt)
02. Code Orange Kids – “Around My Neck/On My Head” (excerpt), “Nothing (The Rat)” (excerpt)
03. Junkie XL – “When Is Enough Not Enough” (excerpt)
04. Rage Against the Machine – “The Narrows” (Original Demo Tape)
05. Rage Against the Machine – “Bombtrack” (Original Demo Tape)
06. Rage Against the Machine – “How I Could Just Kill a Man” (Renegades)
07. Rage Against the Machine – “Sympathy For the Devil” (Renegades)
08. Rage Against the Machine – “Tire Me” (Evil Empire)
09. Tom Morello / The Nightwatchman – “The Road I Must Travel” (One Man Revolution)
10. Street Sweeper Social Club (Tom Morello & Boots Reilly) – “Promenade” (Street Sweeper Social Club)
Audiography: Episode 066: “Tom Morello (of Rage Against the Machine)”
Written and produced by Len Comaratta, Alex Young, Michael Roffman, Adam Kivel, David von Bader, Bryant Kitching, Derek Staples, and Nick Freed.
Are you enjoying Audiography? Subscribe to the Podcast via iTunes!