On this edition of Audiography, we feature reviews of new albums by Memory Tapes, with Grace/Confusion, the group’s six-song EP of chaos; Tyvek’s ear-splitting On Triple Beams, and BjÃ¶rk’s remixes of Biophilia entitled bastards. We also feature a conversation between Consequence of Sound’s Len Comaratta and Lou Barlow, founding member of both Dinosaur Jr. and Sebadoh.
Though Dinosaur Jr. recently released its latest album I Bet On Sky, the discussion centers around the latest Sebadoh EP Secret, released via Bandcamp, and the full-length album set to follow. The two also discuss Weed Forestin’, one of Barlow’s earliest solo outings that he recently reissued. In addition we revisit Barlow’s early career, examine the dynamics of Dinosaur both then and now; and even get Barlow’s take on drugs and creativity.
01. Memory Tapes – “Sheila” (excerpt)
02. Tyvek – “Scaling” (excerpt), “Wayne County Roads” (excerpt)
03. BjÃ¶rk – “Crystalline (Omar Souleyman remix)” (excerpt), “Virus (Hudson Mohawke, Peaches & Guacamol remix)” (excerpt)
04. Sebadoh – “Arbitrary High” (Secret EP)
05. Sebadoh – “Vampires” (Smash Your Head On the Punk Rock)
06. Sebadoh – “I Don’t Mind” (Secret EP)
07. Sebadoh – “It’s All You” (The Sebadoh)
08. Sebadoh – “My Drugs” (Secret EP)
09. Lou Barlow – “Ride the Dark Wave” (Weed Forestin’)
Audiography: Episode 067: “Lou Barlow (of Dinosaur Jr and Sebadoh)”
Written and produced by Len Comaratta, Alex Young, Michael Roffman, Chris Coplan, Amanda Koellner, Adam Kivel, Jon Hadusek, Bryant Kitching, Sarah H. Grant, and Nick Freed.
Are you enjoying Audiography? Subscribe to the Podcast via iTunes!