This is the final episode of Audiography for 2012. Have a Merry Christmas, Happy Hannukah, Blessed Kwanza, and Superlicious Solstice.
On this edition of Audiography, we feature new reviews of Wish Book, Vol 1, the latest mashup from Dan Deacon; the reissue of Smashing Pumpkins classic Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness; and Hortlax Cobra, the project of John Eriksson of Peter, Bjorn and John.
We also feature an interview between Consequence of Sound’s Len Comaratta and Big Boi as the rapper promotes his second solo album Dangerous Lies and Vicious Rumors. The two discuss the importance of family, how his kids are his secret A&R, working with Modest Mouse, and the history of OutKast.
01. Smashing Pumpkins – “Where Boys Fear To Tread” (excerpt), “Tonight, Tonight” (excerpt)
02. Dan Deacon – “Gangrimes Style” (excerpt), “Someone Area (Rod)” (excerpt)
03. Hortlax Cobra – “Jump” (excerpt)
04. OutKast – “B.O.B. (Bombs Over Baghdad)” (Stankonia)
05. Big Boi featuring Kelly Rowland – “Mama Told Me” (Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumors)
06. Big Boi featuring T.I. and Ludacris – “In the A” (Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumors)
07. OutKast – “SpottieOtisDopalicious” (ATLiens)
Audiography: Episdoe 068: “Big Boi”
Written and produced by Len Comaratta, Alex Young, Michael Roffman, Michele Geslani, Adam Kivel, Justin Gerber, Bryant Kitching, Sasha Geffen, and Nick Freed.
Are you enjoying Audiography? Subscribe to the Podcast via iTunes!