As previously reported, Dave Grohl will release a companion soundtrack to his forthcoming film Sound City, which features collaborations with many of the artists who have recorded at the Sound City Studios.
Today, iTunes revealed the tracklist for Sound City – Real to Reel and it’s absolutely stacked with names like Trent Reznor, Josh Homme, Paul McCartney, Krist Novoselic, Pat Smear, Alain Johannes, Corey Taylor, Stevie Nicks, Grohl’s Foo Fighters bandmates Taylor Hawkins and Nate Mendel, the rhythm section of Rage Against the Machine, and even Rick Springfield. Of particular highlight is the closing track “Mantra”, which features Grohl, Homme, and Reznor together.
The soundtrack is due out March 12th via Grohl’s own Roswell Records, and pre-orders are ongoing. The Nirvana-Paul McCartney collaboration “Cut Me Some Slack” serves as the lead single and is available for download now.
The Sound City film is set to premiere at Sundance Film Festival, followed by a digital release on February 1st.
Sound City – Real to Reel Tracklist:
01. Dave Grohl, Peter Hayes, and Robert Levon Been – “Heaven and All”
02. Brad Wilk, Chris Goss, Dave Grohl, and Tim Commerford – “Time Slowing Down”
03. Dave Grohl, Rami Jaffee, Stevie Nicks, and Taylor Hawkins – “You Can’t Fix This”
04. Dave Grohl, Nate Mendel, Pat Smear, Rick Springfield, and Taylor Hawkins – “The Man That Never Was”
04. Alain Johannes, Dave Grohl, Lee Ving, Pat Smear, and Taylor Hawkins – “Your Wife Is Calling”
06. Corey Taylor, Dave Grohl, Rick Nielsen, and Scott Reeder – “From Can to Can’t”
07. Alain Johannes, Chris Goss, Dave Grohl, and Joshua Homme – “Centipede”
08. Alain Johannes, Chris Goss, Dave Grohl, and Joshua Homme – “A Trick With No Sleeve”
09. Paul McCartney, Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic, and Pat Smear – “Cut Me Some Slack”
10. Dave Grohl, Jessy Greene, Jim Keltner, and Rami Jaffee – “Once Upon a Time… The End”
11. Dave Grohl, Joshua Homme, and Trent Reznor – “Mantra”