NewsTour Dates

Rocket From The Crypt announce reunion tour dates, Dave Grohl-produced album

on December 13, 2012, 2:19pm

rocket from the crypt Rocket From The Crypt announce reunion tour dates, Dave Grohl produced album

Last year, garage-punk outfit Rocket From The Crypt reunited to perform an original song called “He’s a Chef” for the children’s television show Yo Gabba Gabba!. The band will remain active throughout 2013, as they’ve just announced a batch of European tour dates in April, where they’ll perform together for the first time in eights years.

What’s more, they’ve revealed plans for a new studio album, their first since 2002’s Live from Camp X-Ray, and apparently Dave Grohl is at the helm. The band opened for Foo Fighters in 1998.

Additional details, including the possibility of more tour dates are forthcoming. In the meantime, check out the band’s current itinerary below, followed by video of their appearance on Yo Gabba Gabba!.

Rocket From The Crypt 2013 Tour Dates:
04/02 – Berlin, DE @ Festaal
04/03 – Tampere, FI @ Klubi
04/04 – Paris, FR @ La Trabendo
04/05 – Lake Geneva, CH @ L’Usine
04/06 – Barcelona, ES @ Razmatazz

mjb
December 14, 2012 at 3:17 am

I love that even though question 2 says you need a phallas and taco tattoo to get in shows free but somehow Consequence of Sound thinks question 9 is legit. Brilliant.

disqus_rW61VD8Rwa
December 13, 2012 at 6:56 pm

ROCKET FROM THE CRYPT (AGAIN) JC2000, Apollo 9, The Notorious ND, Dr. Chud, Atom, Petey X and Speedo. rock n roll is dead and reborn (again)

Q: Will there be other shows?
A: Maybe. We will see how it goes
Q: If I have a Rocket tattoo can I get in free?
A: Yes, but only those with the new “reborn again” logo. This new logo consists of a purple phallus relieving itself on 3 rolled tacos with guacamole.
Q: Can I shake Speedo’s hand?
A: Of course, but please bring hand sanitizer and have your camera focused and ready so that others can have an opportunity as well.
Q: I have a band that wants to play with you guys. Is this possible?
A: Possibly. If you have 2 Marshall JCM 800 half stacks, a decent bass amp and you don’t mind us making pee pee on your equipment and you playing for free yes, perhaps we can work something out.
Q: This isn’t really a question….but that sounds like a bad deal
A: You obviously do not know the value of exposure.
Q: My friend Chris doesn’t really like your band, but he is my ride. What should I do?
A: Fuck you, Chris
Q: I have final exams that week and I won’t be able to attend.
A: Good for you
Q: Why are you playing again? Are you broke or something?
A: I just want to make people happy, if only for an hour or two
Q: Are there plans for a new RFTC record?
A: Yes, Dave Grohl from Nirvana is producing.
Q: Any last words?
A: Rock N Roll will never die. It can only live. Thank you and I look forward to seeing you all very soon

disqus_rW61VD8Rwa
December 13, 2012 at 6:56 pm

I’m pretty sure they were kidding about the new album. If you’re going to relay that tidbit, you should include the rest of the Q/A for context.

Michael Hooligan Halloran
December 14, 2012 at 2:49 am

consider this….. dave grohl’s first gig in san diego was opening for speedo’s old band if fact i think john actually booked grohl to be on the bill. then speedo, eerr john came to the rescue when grohl was almost attacked by some local hooligans. grohl told this story onstage at the last SD foo fighters show.

John
December 13, 2012 at 5:28 pm

How is Dave Grohl always in 50 places at once?

Guest
December 13, 2012 at 4:25 pm

actually, their last album was “Live from Camp X-Ray” in 2002.