Festival News and RumorsHotNews

Coachella 2013 lineup revealed

on January 25, 2013, 2:08pm

coachella 2013 Coachella 2013 lineup revealed

Coachella’s 2013 lineup is finally here: Blur, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Phoenix, and The Stones Roses top this year’s bill, appearing alongside Wu-Tang Clan, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds, The Postal Service, Passion Pit, The xx, Sigur Rós, Vampire Weekend, How to Destroy Angels, New Order, Lou Reed, Modest Mouse, Grinderman, Of Monsters and Men, and Bassnectar.

Other notables include Descendents, Moby, Janelle Monáe, Hot Chip, Beach House, Grizzly Bear, Bat For Lashes, James Blake, Spiritualized, Franz Ferdinand, Tame Impala, Local Natives, Alt-J, Yeasayer, Grimes, Band of Horses, Puscifer, Portugal. the Man, Johnny Marr, Major Lazer, TNGHT, Pusha T, Earl Sweatshirt, Danny Brown, Purity Ring, Kurt Vile, Father John Misty, Cloud Nothings, Jessie Ware, Youth Lagoon, Action Bronson, El-P, Foals, Dinosaur Jr., Divine Fits, and Thee Oh Sees.

Also playing are The Lumineers, Skrillex and Boys Noize’s side-project Dog Blood, The Gaslight Anthem, Social Distortion, Metric, The Faint, Jurassic 5, Dead Can Dance, Dropkick Murphys, Rodriguez, Violent Femmes, 2 Chainz, Richie Hawtin, Infected Mushroom, Simian Mobile Disco, Aesop Rock, Stars, Wild Nothing, Tanlines, Trash Talk, Smith Westerns, Ghost, DIIV, Reginwolf, and OMD. Check out the day by the day breakdown via the lineup poster below.

The festival takes place over two weekends, April 12th-14th and 19th-21st, at Empire Polo Grounds in Indio, California.

coachella 2013 Coachella 2013 lineup revealed

#GoogleMyAss
February 2, 2013 at 8:19 pm

Dopey hipsters morons… Music is not for you.

Maurice John
January 25, 2013 at 9:00 pm

The Stone Roses headlining Friday night…. not discrediting them but, SERIOUSLY!!!??? Switch them with the Violent Femmes and this completely makes sense…, but I’m really left with a WTF feeling after seeing this (not even mentioning where the Violent Femmes actually ARE placed….) What’s goin on Coachella!? Thank God we’re goin to ULTRA!

Casey Smith
January 25, 2013 at 3:29 pm

For people who love music, this line up is amazing! Loco Dice all day.

Lose Fat
January 25, 2013 at 2:42 pm

i think it is awsome,

B Manicotti
January 25, 2013 at 1:11 pm

I’m so disappointed with the headliners. Other than that it looks pretty good… WHERE’S MY DAFT PUNK?!

Joey T
January 25, 2013 at 12:53 pm

Thinking the Rolling Stones dropped out of the Saturday slot, which is why they have Phoenix headlining.

Abraham Tribesky, M.D.
January 25, 2013 at 11:48 am

Tepid response.

Dan Rust
January 25, 2013 at 11:40 am

Wow, this lineup is underwhelming. I mean, the mid-tier is pretty good, but I’m surprised that the headliners are not stronger. Don’t get me wrong, I love Phoenix, but their album hasn’t dropped yet. Wolfgang was an amazing album, but it was 4 years ago. I’m very shocked they’re headlining. Again, same thing with RHCP. Grew up on them, always been a fan of their older stuff, but I feel that people need to stop booking them as headliners. Nobody I know is ever excited to see them headlining. Coachella is always on the cutting edge, and this year I feel they took a step back.

Casey Smith
January 25, 2013 at 3:32 pm

cutting edge? you mean like last year with David Guetta, Sweedish House Mafia & Kaskade? and not this year with Loco Dice, Paul Kalkberrner & Four Tet?

nemo
January 25, 2013 at 10:07 am

with the exception of the headliners, this lineup has so many of my favorite artists. too bad i’m poor and live in ohio :(

bettlebum
January 25, 2013 at 9:37 am

i can’t believe the stone roses are billed above blur and the XX above sigur ros.

Casey Smith
January 25, 2013 at 3:32 pm

yeah, the billing is bizarre.

Alex Bonami
January 25, 2013 at 4:20 am

Why is Skrillex mentioned? He’s not on the lineup..

Nic Armour
January 25, 2013 at 6:06 am

Dog Blood on friday is a skrillex and boys noize collab

Alex Bonami
January 25, 2013 at 6:42 am

Yeah just found out. I read it wrong.

Marriah Carrasco
January 25, 2013 at 3:54 am

Gosh dang it, WHAT ABOUT THE STROKES?!!! Ugh.

. .
January 25, 2013 at 3:27 am

Under-card is incredible, but headliners are not what I was looking for. Have 2 tickets for Weekend 1 with car camping and a tent camping pass. Anyone interested?

jpizzy
January 25, 2013 at 2:31 am

Blur and Stone Roses. Two of my all-time faves. Any chance one or both can play Lollapalooza. Please.

timo
January 25, 2013 at 2:00 am

Sunday, save for a couple acts, is extremely weak.

Miles McQueen
January 25, 2013 at 1:30 am

I think this line up is awsome. I guess it is just taste in music.

DK
January 25, 2013 at 1:28 am

I concur…weak

pandameow
January 25, 2013 at 1:24 am

The article actually says “Violet” Femmes instead of “Violent.” I saw it on a quick glance through- no reason a copyeditor shouldn’t have caught that.

Nic Armour
January 25, 2013 at 6:06 am

cos doesnt have copy editor come on now

Alex Young
January 25, 2013 at 9:48 am

The story was written on the fly. God forbid one band name was spelled wrong (and by one letter)

Ben
January 25, 2013 at 1:22 am

I’m seeing a handful of artists that were big 10+ years ago that aren’t worth paying for to see today.

Stacee Kirk
January 25, 2013 at 10:44 pm

and some that have been around for 20 years or more that make the whole festival WELL WORTH IT!!!!!

Rory Biller
January 25, 2013 at 1:20 am

Phoenix and RHCP… zzzzzz
Everything else … !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

neverthehero
January 25, 2013 at 1:10 am

funny, rock on the range just released their lineup as well and many people said weak… awesome sauce if you love those bands which I do..

Jeffrey
January 25, 2013 at 1:01 am

Violent Femmes? I thought they broke up in 2009! Oh if Gano is back with Ritche and DeLorenzo…this’ll be wonderful.

Freq
January 25, 2013 at 12:54 am

probably the worst Coachella lineup in recent memory, some good names but just not worth the ticket price.

Joey T