Dave Grohl teams with Slipknot’s Corey Taylor, Cheap Trick’s Rick Nielsen, and Kyuss’ Scott Reeder for “From Can To Can’t”, one of the many star-studded collaborations found on the soundtrack to Grohl’s Sound City documentary. Taylor handles vocal duties on this slow churner, which holds a first class ticket to FM radio.
The track premiered earlier today on BBC Radio and you can listen to the replay at Antiquiet. Update: You can also listen to below.
In related news, Dave Grohl’s Sound City Players have scheduled their second concert for January 31st at the Hollywood Palladium in Los Angeles. Like the band’s upcoming show in Salt Lake City, Grohl will be joined by a lineup that includes John Fogerty, Rick Springfield, Stevie Nicks, members of Nirvana and Foo Fighters, and Rage Against the Machine, among others.
The soundtrack is due out March 12th via Grohl’s own Roswell Records, and pre-orders are ongoing. The Sound City film is set to premiere at Sundance Film Festival, followed by a theatrical release on January 31st, and a digital release on February 1st.
Sound City – Real to Reel Tracklist:
01. Dave Grohl, Peter Hayes, and Robert Levon Been – “Heaven and All”
02. Brad Wilk, Chris Goss, Dave Grohl, and Tim Commerford – “Time Slowing Down”
03. Dave Grohl, Rami Jaffee, Stevie Nicks, and Taylor Hawkins – “You Can’t Fix This”
04. Dave Grohl, Nate Mendel, Pat Smear, Rick Springfield, and Taylor Hawkins – “The Man That Never Was”
04. Alain Johannes, Dave Grohl, Lee Ving, Pat Smear, and Taylor Hawkins – “Your Wife Is Calling”
06. Corey Taylor, Dave Grohl, Rick Nielsen, and Scott Reeder – “From Can to Can’t”
07. Alain Johannes, Chris Goss, Dave Grohl, and Joshua Homme – “Centipede”
08. Alain Johannes, Chris Goss, Dave Grohl, and Joshua Homme – “A Trick With No Sleeve”
09. Paul McCartney, Dave Grohl, Krist Novoselic, and Pat Smear – “Cut Me Some Slack”
10. Dave Grohl, Jessy Greene, Jim Keltner, and Rami Jaffee – “Once Upon a Time… The End”
11. Dave Grohl, Joshua Homme, and Trent Reznor – “Mantra”