R.I.P. My Chemical Romance

on March 23, 2013, 12:40am

mcr R.I.P. My Chemical Romance

My Chemical Romance’s famous last words proved to be the following:

“Being in this band for the past 12 years has been a true blessing. We’ve gotten to go places we never knew we would.  We’ve been able to see and experience things we never imagined possible.  We’ve shared the stage with people we admire, people we look up to, and best of all, our friends. And now, like all great things, it has come time for it to end.  Thanks for all of your support, and for being part of the adventure.”

Yes, the emo-rock institution announced their disbandment late Friday night, ending their 12-year existence. During that span, the band released four studio albums, highlighted by Three Cheers for Sweet Revenge, which proved the soundtrack for many an angsty teenager in the mid 2000s. Their last release came in the form of 2010’s Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys.

Remember the good times:

Jeric Bañez
May 13, 2013 at 10:48 am

plss come back mcr mcr my favorite band since 5 years

charliey<
April 22, 2013 at 10:44 pm

this is my grop favorit

Lina
April 5, 2013 at 3:26 pm

Oh god why

Civil
March 24, 2013 at 12:08 pm

I appreciate the kind words all. With out going into the details this band has been in my (albeit very mixed) top 5 for the better part of a decade. I first saw them in 2005 (opening for green day on their AI run) and have been passionately loyal since.

I’m now 28, and over the years what may have kept people away from this band only drew me further and further in.

The imagery, the message, the ideas brought to life, the music…

Watching this bands career has been like watching some weird art project unfold, I’m devestated by the news and really left to just wait and see what’s to come.

Hey, die with your mask on if you have to…

ginny
March 23, 2013 at 10:58 am

Though I’ve never been a fan of them, I agree with the others. They had their moments and they were pretty good. commiseration for MCR fans

Pondo From Inforoo
March 23, 2013 at 6:45 am

They were part of a new era in music that never quite took off like most people thought. Still, they had their moments.

Alskiz
March 23, 2013 at 5:09 am

I’m actually guttered, of all the ‘emo rock’ bands of the mid 2000s MCR was the only decent one.