Festival News and RumorsHotNews

Report: Mumford and Sons, The Killers, Phoenix to headline Lollapalooza 2013

on March 19, 2013, 6:01pm

lollapalooza Report: Mumford and Sons, The Killers, Phoenix to headline Lollapalooza 2013

According to the Chicago Tribune, Mumford and Sons, The Killers, Phoenix, and Vampire Weekend will be among the headliners at this year’s Lollapalooza.

The Tribune also reports that both The National and The Postal Service will appear on the lineup.

Last month, Billboard reported that Nine Inch Nails would appear at the Chicago festival.

A number of acts have already self-confirmed their appearance at the festival, including Angel Haze, Imagine Dragons, SKATERS, Reignwolf, and Wild Club.

Other likely acts, based on tour schedules, include The Lumineers, Tegan & Sara, Pretty Lights, New Order, Kendrick Lamar, Earl Sweatshirt, Hot Chip, Father John Misty, Ellie Goulding, and Big Boi.

Also heavily rumored are The Cure, who will headline Montreal’s Osheaga Festival the same weekend as Lollapalooza.

Lollapalooza takes place August 2nd – 4th in Chicago’s Grant Park. “Early bird” tickets for the festival go on sale next Tuesday.

An official lineup announcement is expected in April. Stay tuned to Festival Outlook for additional lineup news and updates.

Greg Harris
March 25, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Very glad they aren’t bringing back old bands well past their prime this year. Not a big fan of novelty acts.

FaceThe King
March 23, 2013 at 2:18 pm

The Killers alone makes this lineup badass. Everyone needs to stop whining and enjoy the entire lineup as a whole. It’s not like the headliners are the only ones playing.

FaceThe King
March 23, 2013 at 1:33 am

What the fuckkk? Why would anyone bash this lineup? I just had an orgasm when I saw this list. Mumford and Sons, The Killers, and Phoenix have all been huge influences of ours for a long time. Sorry if it’s “too mainstream” for all you hipsters.

billy jack
March 22, 2013 at 10:34 am

All you need is The Killers.

FaceThe King
March 23, 2013 at 2:17 pm

Thank you!! Someone said it.

Matt DeVries
March 21, 2013 at 9:11 pm

the headliners are fine stop your whining if u go to this fest only for them your missing out!

FaceThe King
March 23, 2013 at 2:18 pm

Thank you god someone wasn’t afraid to say this.

M M
March 20, 2013 at 3:51 pm

This line-up is so so bad.

MapleLaugher
March 20, 2013 at 11:03 am

It’s the year of horrible headliners. Bonaroo is the only one to deliver the goods IMO. Coachella and Sasquatch suck bad, I guess it’s more and more about the mid billing acts, which sucks because they get short sets.
Simply put, after reading this my intentions to attend are fading. If the Cure, NIN, and QOTSA are there than so are my!

Rory Biller
March 20, 2013 at 9:13 pm

ya…coachella doesn’t suck

MapleLaugher
March 20, 2013 at 9:40 pm

I completely agree Rory, however in my opinion the headliners are not as strong as expected this year. Love the lineup as a whole, however it’s hard to argue that Coachella’s top acts > bonaroo’s. I would rather see Radiohead than all 3-4 headliners this year combined.

The Festival Lawyer
March 20, 2013 at 10:53 am

They better hope this is wrong. This is a pretty boring lineup and easily trumped by Coachella and Bonnaroo this year. Is it me or did a whole bunch of “big” or interesting legacy bands put out new albums or are in process of putting out albums and then havent’ announced tours that include any US festivals?? ..I’m talking about Strokes, Black Sabbath, Bowie, Iggy Pop, Queens of Stone Age, Muse. Seems like it’s Lumineers, Alt-J, and vampire weekend at every fest….

MapleLaugher
March 20, 2013 at 11:04 am

Classic example of hipsters ruining everything lol

Rory Biller
March 20, 2013 at 9:13 pm

I totally agree but I have to cringe a little when I see people lump Alt-J in with all these bloated hipster bands. They are actually good.

I’d love it if Lolla somehow got Iggy and the Stooges, or Blur, or The Strokes, or Bowie, or The Pixies. If only…

MapleLaugher
March 20, 2013 at 9:57 pm

Agreed alt j is really good, they just have one album to pull from which is the same as all the bands that play every festival this year. Bands get too popular too quick, and the result is being over billed at festivals. Taking the slots and $$ that I much like yourself would like to see filled by bands such those you’ve mentioned.

The Festival Lawyer
March 20, 2013 at 11:13 pm

Don’t get me wrong. I am not saying Alt- J or Lumineers are bad. I’m actually looking forward to seeing them both at Coachella. I am just saying this seems like a weird year for headliners at festivals. A lot of bands I really thought would be headlining (example Queens of the Stone Age with their new album seemed a natural) aren’t. Instead about 6 to 10 of the same mid level bands seem on every festival lineup this year.

Eddie
March 19, 2013 at 11:38 pm

Can’t wait for The Killers

Rory Biller
March 19, 2013 at 6:16 pm

totally sucks…their only hope at redemption is if they do actually get NIN and QOTSA

DiscoNesi
March 19, 2013 at 6:19 pm

I agree, they need NIN and the Cure to make that lineup attractive to me. QOTSA would be awesome also