At last, Daft Punk have officially shared the first track from their upcoming album Random Access Memories. We got our first taste of “Get Lucky” last weekend at Coachella, then again on Saturday Night Live, and yesterday a number of radio stations premiered the song’s radio edit. Now, that radio edit is available to download through iTunes and Amazon. The funky disco track features Pharrell Williams on vocals and Chic’s Nile Rodgers on rhythm guitar.
Update: Listen to the official stream below.
If you missed any (or all) of the Daft Punk news over the last seven days, here’s a quick refresher: Last Friday night, the band unveiled a performance video for “Get Lucky” featuring Pharrell and Rodgers, and also confirmed the full list of album collaborations, specifically The Strokes’ Julian Casablancas, Animal Collective’s Panda Bear, Paul Williams, Giorgio Moroder and Todd Edwards, among others. Then, on Saturday, came photos and video of Daft Punk modeling their new suits, followed by an extensive interview with Rolling Stone, in which Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo discussed the recording process, upcoming tour plans (or lack thereof), and a recent collaboration with Kanye West. The album’s tracklist was formally revealed on Wednesday.
Daft Punk’s new album Random Access Memories is due out May 21st through the Columbia Records imprint Daft Life Limited. Pre-orders are ongoing.
Random Access Memories Tracklist:
01. Give Life Back to Music feat. Nile Rodgers
02. The Game of Love
03. Giorgio by Moroder feat. Giorgio Moroder
04. Within feat. Chilly Gonzales
05. Instant Crush feat. Julian Casablancas
06. Lose Yourself to Dance feat. Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers
07. Touch feat. Paul Williams
08. Get Lucky feat. Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers
11. Fragments of Time feat. Todd Edwards
12. Doin’ It Right feat. Panda Bear
13. Contact feat. DJ Falcon