HotNew MusicNews

Listen to Queens of the Stone Age’s new single, “My God Is The Sun”

on April 08, 2013, 7:49pm

Queens of the Stone Age Like Clockwork art

Queens of the Stone return today with the first single off their new album …Like Clockwork, in the form of “My God is the Sun”. The track has previously been performed live, but BBC Radio 1’s Zane Lowe just premiered the studio version — take a listen below.

Update: According to the band’s publicist, Dave Grohl drums on the studio version of “My God Is The Sun”.

QOTSA’s new album …Like Clockwork features Dave Grohl, Trent Reznor, Elton John, Alex Turner, Mark Lanegan, and more, and is due out June 4th through Matador Records.

Pre-orders are now ongoing through iTunes and include an instant download of “My God is the Sun”.

Fernando Vieira Machado
May 8, 2013 at 11:02 pm

Lol… this was a lousy heads-up, indeed… but, with the other tunes I’ve heard so far… I think this is going to be one of their top albums. This one does sound like TCV… which is actually great! More mature and so, I think. But it’s less… acid, for lack of a better world coming to mind. The circus-reef, maybe. But “I Appear Missing” was definitely a better visit card.

MapleLaugher
April 8, 2013 at 4:57 pm

Sounds like them crooked vultures more than older queens. I like it, however as mentioned by o0 usually best tracks are buried.

Mark Krishna Keer
April 8, 2013 at 3:38 pm

Not in Germany… have to go through proxy and whatnot.. slow :(
I’ll just buy it then.

o0
April 8, 2013 at 3:21 pm

Their singles are always the worst songs on their albums.

Pat Dwyer
April 8, 2013 at 2:45 pm

meh. I expected more after 6 years without an album.

B. M.H.