Daft Punk have revealed another installment of their video series “The Collaborators”, which focuses on the musicians who contributed to the duo’s upcoming album Random Access Memories. We’ve already seen Giorgio Moroder, Todd Edwards, Nile Rodgers, and Pharrell Williams discuss their respective roles on the album, and now Animal Collective’s Panda Bear (AKA Noah Lennox) takes a turn in the hot seat. (He sings on the track “Doin’ It Right”.)
Lennox discussed his long love affair with the duo’s music starting with their 1997 album Homework, and his genuine surprise and excitement when they asked him out of the blue to work on the forthcoming LP in Paris. “They challenge themselves to go some place new,” he commented. “Every album seems to be something completely different.” He doesn’t divulge any details of the three days spent in the studio, but says things clicked “right at the last moment”.
Random Access Memories is due out May 21st through Columbia Records imprint Daft Life Limited. Pre-orders are ongoing.
Random Access Memories Tracklist:
01. Give Life Back to Music feat. Nile Rodgers
02. The Game of Love
03. Giorgio by Moroder feat. Giorgio Moroder
04. Within feat. Chilly Gonzales
05. Instant Crush feat. Julian Casablancas
06. Lose Yourself to Dance feat. Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers
07. Touch feat. Paul Williams
08. Get Lucky feat. Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers
11. Fragments of Time feat. Todd Edwards
12. Doin’ It Right feat. Panda Bear
13. Contact feat. DJ Falcon