Festival News and RumorsNews

This lineup to Hop Farm Fest sold only 2,000 tickets

on May 03, 2013, 1:15pm

hop farm 2013

My Blood Valentine, The Horrors, Dinosaur Jr., Rodriguez, The Cribs, Cass McCombs, Jimmy Cliff, First Aid Kit, Black Lips, The Black Angels, and The Presidents of the United States of America. Sounds like a pretty decent lineup, no? Well, only 2,000 people liked it enough to purchase tickets to this year’s Hop Farm Festival in Kent, England. Consequently, the festival has been canceled.

Festival founder Vince Power said in an email: “After reviewing the ticket sales on Hop Farm and the predicted final figures the festival would suffer unsustainable losses so therefore, as from today, it is with great sadness I am announcing the cancelation of the festival.

“I would like to say that this has no reflection on the artists but with around 2,000 ticket sold it is highlighting the poor state of the economy. At the selling rate the prediction today would be 4,500 sold.”

Hey Kevin, if you’re looking for something to do on July 5th, we’ll happily have you.

Tee Gee
May 4, 2013 at 5:24 am

Vince Power. Enough said.

jpizzy
May 4, 2013 at 2:49 am

Awful lineup. i know Rodriguez is hot now from the movie, but it’s not like anyone really knows his music and he’s second on the bill?

ghornett
May 3, 2013 at 4:58 pm

to be fair thats a pretty weak lineup with a few exceptions.

Mistermusic Musicplease
May 3, 2013 at 4:58 pm

I don’t see any act on there that I would suffer through a high ticket price, sweaty crowds and pricey bottles of water for….sorry but I don’t

Guest
May 3, 2013 at 4:57 pm

I don’t see any act on their that I would suffer through a high ticket price, sweaty crowds and pricey bottles of water for….sorry but I don’t.

Paul Sutherland
May 3, 2013 at 4:35 pm

This is an indictment of the sales team of that festival. The promoter should be sued by any folks who already lost money on the festival.

Aaadam
May 3, 2013 at 2:50 pm

“highlighting the poor state of the economy” C’mon, don’t blame the economy when tickets didn’t sell well for your mediocre festival. Thousands of other festivals all over the world are selling just fine.