Daft Punk have revealed another installment of their video series “The Collaborators”, which focuses on the musicians who contributed to the duo’s upcoming album Random Access Memories. We’ve already seen Giorgio Moroder, Todd Edwards, Nile Rodgers, Pharrell Williams, Animal Collective’s Panda Bear, Chilly Gonzales, and Andrew the Pizza Guy discuss their respective roles on the album. Now, longtime friend and collaborator Stéphane QuÃªme, AKA DJ Falcon, takes a turn in the hot seat. (He appears on the album’s closing track, “Closer”.)
QuÃªme discussed his history with Daft Punk, detailing their early collaborations in the early 90s. In regards to Random Access Memories, QuÃªme revealed that NASA supplied the group with access to audio of past space missions to use on the album. According to NME, Gene Cernan (Apollo 17’s celebrated Last Man On The Moon) is sampled on “Contact”.
Random Access Memories is due out May 21st through Columbia Records imprint Daft Life Limited. Pre-orders are ongoing.
Random Access Memories Tracklist:
01. Give Life Back to Music feat. Nile Rodgers
02. The Game of Love
03. Giorgio by Moroder feat. Giorgio Moroder
04. Within feat. Chilly Gonzales
05. Instant Crush feat. Julian Casablancas
06. Lose Yourself to Dance feat. Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers
07. Touch feat. Paul Williams
08. Get Lucky feat. Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers
11. Fragments of Time feat. Todd Edwards
12. Doin’ It Right feat. Panda Bear
13. Contact feat. DJ Falcon