CoS Exclusive FeaturesHotList 'Em Carefully

Top 20 Kanye West Songs

on June 22, 2013, 12:03am

yeezus Top 20 Kanye West Songs

Kanye West remains king of the Throne — at least this week. By now, you’ve read our Top Star review of his latest opus, Yeezus, and spent time dissecting the samples and references galore. Now, the pop cultural science experiment continues with our list of his top 20 songs.

Obviously, six albums, two collaborative releases, and dozens of singles later, it was more of a chore to put together than anything else. So, to keep sane, we pared things down to the best lyrics and samples of each song, even going so far as to monetize its worth — Yeezy style.

If you’re not down with our selections, comment below… haaaaaters.

Photo via ~azul-dream/KanyeToThe

Sponsored Content

melodicate
June 8, 2014 at 9:03 pm

I thought that Billie holiday was sampled for blood on the leaves? I guess I’m wrong…

Derrick
July 22, 2013 at 2:25 am

Agree with Gone. Drive slow, crack music should also be there.

TheJCisEPIC .
July 15, 2013 at 8:52 pm

Sorry not Gone I ment Gorgeous

TheJCisEPIC .
July 15, 2013 at 7:11 pm

What about “Gone” Thats my fav. And Also No Church In The Wild should be here

Dennis
July 10, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Dark Fantasy, Devil in a New Dress, Touch the Sky, Gone, Through the Wire is way too low. Love Lockdown should be removed, Heartless should be lower, only one Yeezus song max, Homecoming is also missing

Chris Creel
July 5, 2013 at 1:09 am

Touch the Sky and Mercy being excluded are inexcusable!

Michael
July 4, 2013 at 5:12 am

A good list but a few of my favourites missing, so many tracks to mention though. I think Power would struggle to make my top 20. Pleased to see Runaway so high though.

Spencer Tyrotck
June 24, 2013 at 3:08 pm

Good list overall. I was pleasantly surprised ya had Flashing Lights on here. Id rank it much higher though. Too many Yeezy and 808 nods on this list. Ditch Heartless, Slow Jamz, Love Lockdown and a couple Yeezus picks. Replace them with SCHOOL SPIRIT, Heard Em Say, Dark Fantasy, Hell Of A Life and Touch The Sky. They should be on here. Everybody in college (especially frats) that digs rap should be listening to School Spirit. Listen to it. Its Kanyes best College Dropout song.

Taylor Baybutt
June 22, 2013 at 6:39 pm

Great list but you’re missing ‘Gone’ from Late Registration. My fav Ye track ever. Also, the original version of Home is dope.

Jude
June 21, 2013 at 5:07 pm

3 relatively recent Kanye tracks I never get tired of: Blame Game, and the non-album tracks White Dress and the remix of Rihanna’s Diamonds. And Spaceship.

Patrick Sullivan II
June 21, 2013 at 12:40 pm

I don’t think Niggas in Paris is even the best track off WTT. I probably would go with No Church in the wild and then there are several others i would put ahead of NIP too.

I also gotta put Welcome To Heartbreak in the Top 20, Blame Game is probably Top 10 worthy. I’d nod at least 1 of the following two additional MBDTF tracks to the list too, List in the World or So Appalled.

Michael Ireroa
June 21, 2013 at 11:42 am

Obviously not everyone (including me) is going to agree 100%, but this is a great list that packs a lot of essentials. No really eyebrow-raising choices.

Dan
June 21, 2013 at 10:01 am

Agreed. Seems like mostly singles. I’d suggest Everything I Am, Blame Game, Heard ‘Em Say, Touch The Sky, and Spaceship.

Si Squires-Kasten
June 21, 2013 at 9:55 am

No New Slaves? Also, this seems almost exclusively singles-driven (where are Roses, Big Brother, Say You Will, etc?)