Tiësto rips into Daft Punk: “I’m destroying them now”

on July 01, 2013, 8:02pm

Screen Shot 2013-07-01 at 3.23.57 PM

At least based on gross earnings, Tiësto is of equal footing to Daft Punk within the EDM community. But the Dutch DJ doesn’t consider himself on the same level as the French robots — no, as he told The Huffington Post, “I’m destroying them now. Sorry Daft Punk.”

Tiësto seemed perturbed by the recent collaboration between Daft Punk and his childhood hero, Giorgio Moroder. “It got so much attention because it’s so different and it’s an attitude album,” Tiësto said of Daft Punk’s Random Access Memories. “It’s cool to like Daft Punk. Even if you’re not into the song, as soon as you hear [“Get Lucky’”], you see all the cool people go, ‘Oh yeah, this is cool, that’s my song,’ and they don’t really even enjoy it.”

He continued, “the Tron soundtrack wasn’t that great and this is not great, either. But because it’s Daft Punk and they’re supposed to be cool and they had the amazing pyramid at Coachella a couple of years ago and the helmets — they’re fucking cool. But the music doesn’t deliver on the hype so much.”

In related news, Tiësto is the only person ever to get along with Liam Gallagher.

Jordan Maylath
July 24, 2013 at 7:03 pm

Wow, what a douche

Pat
July 24, 2013 at 1:26 pm

Tiesto was one of the first live electronic shows I ever saw. I loved his old trancier style. Now, he just comes out with disjointed albums featuring songs in whatever the “in style” of the moment is. I mean seriously… I just heard him on a Trap song.

Nobody is saying that RAM is the greatest album ever. But it is a good disc. However, I will say “Discovery” and “Alive 2007″ are two of the best albums ever. And When I saw Daft live at Lollapalooza… that was the greatest of the over 500 shows I’ve seen in my life.

Step yer game up Tiesto, and shut yer mouth until you do!

Dan Hahn
July 23, 2013 at 5:17 am

Um. Please. Stop it. Now

Dontae Emmanuel Kandolo
July 21, 2013 at 11:48 pm

kinda funny cuz none of his song have been on the radio…

xuxu
July 16, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Tiësto sucks, in fact RAM is the first album I bought from Daft Punk, not because of their helmets, but because I liked the music. I don’t even know any TIësto albums, because he sucks.

tinktank
July 12, 2013 at 1:04 pm

They are both just a commercial scum…. when money talks bullshit plays…

Dontae Emmanuel Kandolo
July 21, 2013 at 11:49 pm

Commercial scum? Are you fucking stupid? I’d like to know who isn’t.

stan
July 2, 2013 at 1:52 am

Tiesto’s music is terrible his old trance was good but now he just sucks lol he just got jealous :)

Corey Bell
July 2, 2013 at 1:11 am

HA! The last line makes it all.

johnny
July 2, 2013 at 1:01 am

Tiesto is destroying because of Alive 2007. Daft Punk forced the entire music community to turn their heads and ears towards this new EDM thing, and it took off from there like a wildfire. on a side note, tiesto sucks now. his new music sounds like Kaskade, just not good

Craig Hawkins
July 3, 2013 at 10:25 am

There was nothing new about EDM in 2007.

Abhisshack
July 1, 2013 at 11:36 pm

Hahahahaha Tiesto is a crazy jerk , dude dont do drugs

Giacomo Falcon
July 1, 2013 at 6:46 pm

TUTTO GIUSTO TIESTO HA COLTO NEL SEGNO ANCORA UNA VOLTA CI VEDIAMO AL COCCO, SPERO!

J Campbell
July 1, 2013 at 5:59 pm

The pot calls the kettle black.

dstaples
July 1, 2013 at 5:19 pm

Unless it was Tiesto’s ghost producers doing this HuffPost interview, really no artistic comparison!

Anthony Budka