The rumors were true: Daft Punk will release a deluxe box set of their recent album Random Access Memories. It’s currently available to pre-order for the low, low price of $275.00, and will begin shipping in time for the holidays.
So what’s it entail?
– A special edition 180 gram double vinyl of RAM with gold and silver foil labels;
– A 56 page cloth-bound, hardcover photo book of images from the RAM recording sessions and film shoots, featuring a foreword by Paul Williams;
– A special edition 10” collector’s vinyl containing an extended interview with Giorgio Moroder taken from the original session recordings for the song, “Giorgio by Moroder”;
– Two sets of Robot helmet design schematics with individual components separated onto 8 layers of unbounded transparencies;
– A pair of full body Robot design schematic posters (304mm x 608mm / 12” x 24”) printed on heavy weight matte finish poster paper;
– A 70mm motion picture film strip containing 5 sequential frames from the “Lose Yourself to Dance” original production dailies, mounted in a heavy weight matte stock with an open back;
– A pair of gold and silver plated, metal encased, reusable USB drives containing high-resolution digital audio files of the 13 original tracks on RAM, the Japanese bonus track “Horizon”, and Daft Punk’s “Get Lucky” remix. What’s more, high-definition video files of the full length video for “Lose Yourself to Dance”, the original RAM TV campaign spots, and the extended Coachella version of the “Get Lucky” promo featuring Pharrell Williams and Nile Rodgers.
Here it is visualized: