CoS Exclusive FeaturesList 'Em Carefully

Foo Fighters’ Top 10 Songs

by and
on December 11, 2013, 12:00pm

foo2013feat Foo Fighters Top 10 Songs

While we’re still a ways off from their highly anticipated follow-up to 2011’s Top Star-earning Wasting Light, we’re pretty sure 2014 will be a special year for 2011’s Band of the Year.

In celebration of Foo Fighters’ impending return, we rounded up their 10 best songs. Fair warning: You won’t find “My Hero” on this list since that song will forever be haunted by 1999’s Paul Walker-starring vehicle, Varsity Blues, and we just can’t even…

Eh, to be honest, there just wasn’t any room for it.

Monty
August 1, 2014 at 6:07 pm

My Hero and All My Life are top 3. I love that you included New Way Home. Hey Johnny Park! belongs up there too.

Rhonda
August 1, 2014 at 3:32 pm

Everlong??? No real Foo Fan would put Everlong at the top…. So many better songs by them.. White Limo should be higher… And not EVERYTHING Dave Grohl does needs to have Kurt Cobain’s attached to it! He is a genius in his own right!

Justin Gerber
August 1, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Rhonda, that wasn’t very nice. I’ve been a fan of Foo Fighters from the beginning, and I know the other writers who worked on this piece have been fans for just as long. What is your number one pick?

June 19, 2014 at 7:38 pm

I think it’s a fantastic list, honestly. All people want you to cite are their radio hits. I would have loved to see Next Year on the list, however.

Justin Gerber
August 1, 2014 at 4:34 pm

Not a big fan of “Next Year” TBO, but love its inclusion in the opening credits for NBC’s ED.

Manuel Valencia (@ManuelValencia7)
June 19, 2014 at 7:16 pm

For me, Best of You definitely belongs on this list. Great band!

Nickels
May 15, 2014 at 3:14 pm

Tired, Let it Die, All My Life, Low and My Hero. How do these songs mist the cut?

Justin Gerber
August 1, 2014 at 4:34 pm

Some of those songs are in my Top 15. What can I say? Foo has too many great songs.

Jwonder4
May 14, 2014 at 7:38 pm

Well that was just a garbage list, I’d say you got it half right. All My Life, Learn To Fly, Best of You, and My Hero have to be in there…cut White Limo, and a few others. Not many songs I don’t like from these guys but this need work.

Justin Gerber
August 1, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Hmmm. Rhonda said that “White Limo” should be higher on the list, but you think it should be cut. I guess we have different opinions, after all.

Best,
Justin

Adrian
May 13, 2014 at 1:37 am

Dave Grohl actually played drums on Everlong. This was prior to Hawkins’ joining Foos.