CoS Exclusive FeaturesList 'Em Carefully

Foo Fighters’ Top 10 Songs

by and
on December 11, 2013, 12:00pm

foo2013feat Foo Fighters Top 10 Songs

While we’re still a ways off from their highly anticipated follow-up to 2011’s Top Star-earning Wasting Light, we’re pretty sure 2014 will be a special year for 2011’s Band of the Year.

In celebration of Foo Fighters’ impending return, we rounded up their 10 best songs. Fair warning: You won’t find “My Hero” on this list since that song will forever be haunted by 1999’s Paul Walker-starring vehicle, Varsity Blues, and we just can’t even…

Eh, to be honest, there just wasn’t any room for it.

Sven
August 9, 2014 at 4:15 am
  1. Everlong
  2. Wheels
  3. White Limo
  4. Let it die
  5. Monkey Wrench
  6. Long Road to Ruin
  7. Times like These
  8. All my life
  9. This is a call
  10. Best of you

As you say…too many great Songs to fit in. It almost hurt Not putting Bridge Burning, Pretender, Walk in the top 10, but there are so many events linkes to every Single song in my top 10 :)

Scott David Anderson
August 8, 2014 at 3:39 pm

Interesting list. There are a few I should revisit here, and I don’t think I’ve ever even heard “Exhausted”. Rock Out with your cock out.

Ignas
August 8, 2014 at 3:50 pm

Listen to their whole first album (or should I say his since Dave Grohl did it all by himself?). It’s really amazing.

Carlo
August 8, 2014 at 11:58 am

Superb list! Nailed it with ‘Exhausted’, I think at Reading 2012 the Foos played just about everything. You are a true Foo.

Christine
August 8, 2014 at 11:56 am

Funny. White Limo is the ONLY Foo Fighters song I absolutely cannot listen to. I tried. I tried many times to even listen to the whole song. But there’s something about this particular type of screaming that I just can’t sit through. My personal list would have Aurora, Tired of You, Best of You, Gimme Stitches, and On the Mend thrown in somewhere. One of my favorite aspects of the Foo Fighters is that their catalog is varied and eclectic enough to fit any particular mood I’m in or kind of day I’m having, so I don’t think I could put my list in a fixed order because it could change the next day! Can’t wait for the new album!

Anthony R
August 8, 2014 at 8:05 am

Hawkins was not on the recording of Everlong, though he was in the video. He joined the band just before the tour began to support The Colour and the Shape.

Erika
August 8, 2014 at 4:13 am

Making lists like these is totally subjective, but I’ll throw in my opinion.
1. Everlong. That song has made me cry in public places.
2. Walk.
3. Let It Die
4. Home
5. The Pretender
6. Friend of a Friend. I like the Late! version better.
7. Razor
8. Come Back
9. Times Like These
10. In Your Honor

Also I really like Ballad of the Beaconsfield Miners, even though it isn’t their usual style. But I just love everything Dave Grohl puts his hands on.

David
August 8, 2014 at 3:26 am

I would take out Exhausted, and insert Normal right to the second place (if you take B-Sides into consideration).
My top 10:

David.

Javier
August 8, 2014 at 2:36 am

Best of You, Miracle, Walking After You, Next Year, My Hero

Beatriz
August 8, 2014 at 2:19 am

I’m currently diving into the depths of the internet to find articles on the Foo Fighters to help satiate me until the new album :) I like this list mostly because it’s making me reconsider some songs that I may have overlooked! Thanks for this list! It’s cool to see other people’s opinions. Oh, and I will agree with you about Everlong until my dying day. I almost passed out when they closed their show with it back in 2011.

Beatriz
August 8, 2014 at 4:17 am

Oh! And I forgot to express how stoked I was to see Razor on this list! No one knows what I’m talking about when I bring that gem up! That one has made me weep on more than one occasion and is one of my most played songs on my iPod.

Monty
August 1, 2014 at 6:07 pm

My Hero and All My Life are top 3. I love that you included New Way Home. Hey Johnny Park! belongs up there too.

Rhonda
August 1, 2014 at 3:32 pm

Everlong??? No real Foo Fan would put Everlong at the top…. So many better songs by them.. White Limo should be higher… And not EVERYTHING Dave Grohl does needs to have Kurt Cobain’s attached to it! He is a genius in his own right!

Justin Gerber
August 1, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Rhonda, that wasn’t very nice. I’ve been a fan of Foo Fighters from the beginning, and I know the other writers who worked on this piece have been fans for just as long. What is your number one pick?

June 19, 2014 at 7:38 pm

I think it’s a fantastic list, honestly. All people want you to cite are their radio hits. I would have loved to see Next Year on the list, however.

Justin Gerber
August 1, 2014 at 4:34 pm

Not a big fan of “Next Year” TBO, but love its inclusion in the opening credits for NBC’s ED.

Manuel Valencia (@ManuelValencia7)
June 19, 2014 at 7:16 pm

For me, Best of You definitely belongs on this list. Great band!

Nickels
May 15, 2014 at 3:14 pm

Tired, Let it Die, All My Life, Low and My Hero. How do these songs mist the cut?

Justin Gerber
August 1, 2014 at 4:34 pm

Some of those songs are in my Top 15. What can I say? Foo has too many great songs.

Jwonder4
May 14, 2014 at 7:38 pm

Well that was just a garbage list, I’d say you got it half right. All My Life, Learn To Fly, Best of You, and My Hero have to be in there…cut White Limo, and a few others. Not many songs I don’t like from these guys but this need work.

Justin Gerber
August 1, 2014 at 4:33 pm

Hmmm. Rhonda said that “White Limo” should be higher on the list, but you think it should be cut. I guess we have different opinions, after all.

Best,
Justin

Adrian
May 13, 2014 at 1:37 am

Dave Grohl actually played drums on Everlong. This was prior to Hawkins’ joining Foos.

August 8, 2014 at 3:45 am

August 8, 2014 at 5:24 am

Awesome list, but I also would include Next Year. It always reminds me of times when my husband had to go on deployments. One of my other all time favorites is Resolve. But hey, the Foo’s are f’ing amazing!!!