Are Foo Fighters recording their new album in 12 different studios?

on January 22, 2014, 11:45am

Photo by Max Blau

When Dave Grohl announced that Foo Fighters were working on material for a new album last August, he giddily teased that the band was “going to make this album in a way that no-one’s ever done before.” Our own Michael Roffman speculated on what approaches Grohl might be thinking of utilizing, from recording in space to recording the album in a live venue. If a new rumor published in Billboard is to be believed, Roffman may have actually hit the nail on the head with one guess: recording each track in a different city.

The Twitter fan account FooArchive recently posted a scan of a section from Billboard’s “Over Heard” rumors column, which said “an insider” had told the magazine Grohl “is scouting iconic studios in 12 cities” for the next Foo album. Apparently, he’s had his eyes on locations in Los Angeles, Chicago, New York, and, unsurprisingly, Seattle.

While this is purely rumor at this point, it’s a reasonable one. Grohl is known for his appreciation of classic studios, as demonstrated by his Sound City documentary, album, and tour. Dragging his band around to 12 such locations would certainly be a unique approach to record making and could even be used as a springboard to get listeners more intrigued about where their favorite music is made (12 mini-documentaries, perhaps?).

Is it just coincidence that members of the band were recently spotted in Chicago? Time will tell. Keep your eyes here as more details are revealed, including what Grohl meant when he told Rolling Stone they’d be “writing the album in a way that [he doesn't] think has been done before.”

October 18, 2014 at 1:40 pm

Hello colleagues, its fantastic piece of writing on the topic of tutoringand fully defined, keep it up all the time.

Craig
August 14, 2014 at 12:26 pm

Undeniably imagine that which you stated. Your favourite justification seemed to be at the internet the easiest thing to consider of. I say to you, I definitely get irked while people consider issues that they just do not recognize about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top as smartly as outlined out the entire thing with no need side-effects , other folks could take a signal. Will likely be again to get more. Thanks

Aisha
August 8, 2014 at 12:18 pm

Fantastic beat ! I wish to apprentice while you amend your site, how can i subscribe for a blog website? The account helped me a acceptable deal. I had been a little bit acquainted of this your broadcast offered bright clear idea

Holley
July 19, 2014 at 9:32 pm

Hi mates, good article and good arguments commented here, I am really enjoying by these.

Morgan
July 4, 2014 at 1:11 pm

There’s definately a great deal to learn about this issue. I like all the points you’ve made.

Cynthia
June 13, 2014 at 3:47 am

Hi there outstanding blog! Does running a blog similar to this take a great deal of work? I’ve absolutely no expertise in programming but I was hoping to start my own blog in the near future. Anyhow, if you have any recommendations or tips for new blog owners please share. I understand this is off subject however I simply needed to ask. Cheers!

Pussy Flavored Blunt
January 22, 2014 at 12:21 pm

That’s much less exciting than Dave’s been letting on