German electro-pop outfit The Notwist will soon return with their first album in six years, Close To The Glass, thanks to a new deal with Sub Pop Records. Already we’ve previewed the title track, a glitchy, pulsating number that sounded like something Thom Yorke would come up with. “Kong”, however, is much more peppy and straightforward, seeming more like a Kevin Drew tune than one from the Radiohead frontman. Marked with fuzzy synths, a driving bassline, and abounding vocal hooks, “Kong” even has a trippy outro, adding an extra layer of interesting. It all builds up to the February 25th release of Close To The Glass. Listen below.
Listen: The Notwist’s exciting new song “Kong”
by Josh Terry
on January 21, 2014, 5:37pm
- 1Bryan Cranston resurrects Walter White for SNL cold opening -- watch
- 2Sgt. Pepper's artwork updated to feature all the legends lost in 2016
- 3Bob Dylan pens Nobel Prize acceptance speech: "That I now join the names on such a list is truly beyond words"
- 4Donald Trump's shortlist for inauguration performers is painfully pathetic
- 5New J. Cole album mocked by Hampton Inn's Twitter account
- 1Sgt. Pepper's artwork updated to feature all the legends lost in 2016
- 2Donald Trump's shortlist for inauguration performers is painfully pathetic
- 3Top 50 Songs of 2016
- 4Beyoncé and Disturbed will face off for Best Rock Performance at the 2017 Grammys
- 5Comedian T.J. Miller arrested after altercation with cab driver