CoS Exclusive FeaturesList 'Em Carefully

7 Surprisingly Cool Albums Your Parents Own

on February 17, 2014, 12:00am

Assuming you’re in your late 20s or early 30s, your parents came of age in the ‘60s and ‘70s and reached your present age sometime in the ‘80s. During that decade, they started a family, settled into their careers, maybe even bought the house you grew up in. They began their descent into no longer being cool, in other words, and by 1992, chances are they’d completely stopped buying new music. It’s sad, but as their CD collections attest, they had a good final run, and scattered among all the Beatles, Stones, and Springsteen classics you’d expect to find are a few surprising gems — evidence they were once curious listeners not content to salute Sgt. Pepper’s until their dying days.

SEO
March 22, 2014 at 5:55 am

I was suggested this web site by my cousin. I’m not sure whether this
post is written by him as nobody else know such detailed about
my difficulty. You are wonderful! Thanks!

March 12, 2014 at 8:39 pm

mice try, mom and dad.

Sasha Geffen
February 18, 2014 at 10:49 am

my dad’s record collection trumps mine by a million lol

JJ
February 17, 2014 at 8:40 pm

ha, nice Cramps reference. please do not ever refer to my parents having s_x, though. seriously.

February 17, 2014 at 7:09 pm

Yawn.

Andy
February 17, 2014 at 4:16 pm

So a Talking Heads, Prince and an REM album are SURPRISINGLY good? Are old are you? It’s not 2050.

Andy
February 17, 2014 at 4:17 pm

How old. Not are old.

February 17, 2014 at 5:34 pm

What the hell is happening to this site? Talking Heads are “surprisingly cool”? Christ…

aaron
February 17, 2014 at 4:00 pm

All you can come up with is 7? I’m having a hard time coming up with 7 albums my kid’s have that are surprisingly cool!

Mike D
February 17, 2014 at 11:45 am

Feeling old too. I bought almost all these when they came out…I feel I still listen to (semi) cool, current music! For an old guy in his forties anyway!

Matthew Urso
February 17, 2014 at 10:45 am

my parents? am i that old? i bought half of these when they came out

Capt Ahole
February 17, 2014 at 10:14 am

This list is hurting

Billy Marcinkevich
February 17, 2014 at 4:07 am

“Then they went home and totally went to town on each other. Sorry.”

Lol.