For the same reason no one gets “Everlong” or “My Hero” tattoos, late-night arguments about the relative merits of One by One and In Your Honor rarely end in fisticuffs. Foo Fighters simply don’t inspire those types of strong feelings, and while they’re not everyone’s cup of tea, they’re no one’s bottle of pre-colonoscopy MiraLax either. They’re a band you may like and might even love but aren’t likely to become obsessed with, and while pop music is loaded with artists in that same position, some musicians force listeners to draw a line in the sand. What follows is a rundown of 10 artists you either absolutely love or totally freakin’ despise. There’s no in between. You’re with ‘em or against ‘em, and you’ll fight mo-fos who don’t see things your way.
10 Artists You Either Love or Despise
Musicians who force us to draw a line in the sand.
on March 25, 2014, 12:00pm
- 1D'Angelo gives powerful performance on Saturday Night Live -- watch
- 2Kanye West experiences the sad truth of Waffle House
- 3Jack White and A Tribe Called Quest's Q-Tip stun MSG with ferocious melding of rap and rock -- watch
- 4My Morning Jacket debut new song, cover Mazzy Star and Springsteen during first gig in over a year
- 5Let "The Dude" lull you to sleep: Jeff Bridges releases an ambient drone album
- 1Update: Tom Petty awarded songwriting royalties for Sam Smith's "Stay With Me"
- 2Top 10 4AD Albums
- 3Live Review: Marilyn Manson at New York City's Terminal 5 (1/29)
- 4Blink-182 says Tom DeLonge has quit the band, to the surprise of Tom DeLonge
- 5D'Angelo gives powerful performance on Saturday Night Live -- watch