When Biggie Smalls rapped “Grab your dick if you love hip-hop,” you best believe a bunch of hands went to a bunch of crotches. And to this day, when Joan Jett belts out “I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll”, she knows damn well she’s not alone in digging the sweet, sweet racket made with guitar, bass, and drums. That’s because rap and rock are well entrenched in popular culture. You can’t imagine life without them. But not all genres have that kind of widespread appeal. One man’s earworm is another’s power drill to the brain, and that’s the idea behind this celebration of divisive musical genres.
10 Genres You Either Love or Despise
One man’s earworm is another’s power drill to the brain.
on March 31, 2014, 12:00am
- 1Ranking: Every Lollapalooza Lineup from Worst to Best
- 2Temple of the Dog announce first-ever tour dates for 25th anniversary
- 3My Chemical Romance hint at reunion for 10th anniversary of The Black Parade
- 4Christian ministry says Thom Yorke is the anti-christ
- 5DJ Khaled, Kendrick Lamar, and Big Sean team up for "Holy Key" -- listen
- 1Macaulay Culkin lives a really chill life, according to first big interview in 10 years
- 2Here's your first look at Bill Skarsgård as Pennywise in remake of Stephen King's It
- 3Rolling Stone releases list of the 100 Greatest Drummers, and Neil Peart is not No. 1
- 4The 100 Best Pop Punk Bands
- 5Taylor Swift did give Kanye West permission to use "Famous" lyrics, leaked video shows