When Biggie Smalls rapped “Grab your dick if you love hip-hop,” you best believe a bunch of hands went to a bunch of crotches. And to this day, when Joan Jett belts out “I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll”, she knows damn well she’s not alone in digging the sweet, sweet racket made with guitar, bass, and drums. That’s because rap and rock are well entrenched in popular culture. You can’t imagine life without them. But not all genres have that kind of widespread appeal. One man’s earworm is another’s power drill to the brain, and that’s the idea behind this celebration of divisive musical genres.
10 Genres You Either Love or Despise
One man’s earworm is another’s power drill to the brain.
on March 31, 2014, 12:00am
- 1Drake releases new album Views: Stream/download
- 2Prince's vault drilled opened and there's enough music to release a new album every year for the next century
- 3The 100 Greatest American Music Venues
- 4Radiohead have disappeared completely
- 5Blink-182 shares "Bored to Death", first single since Tom DeLonge's departure -- listen
- 1Coachella is losing its shit over Sia's performance
- 2Drake releases new album Views: Stream/download
- 3Coachella 2016 Festival Review: From Worst to Best
- 4R.I.P. Prince, legendary musician has died at the age of 57
- 5New scientific study confirms the obvious: Freddie Mercury had an unparalleled singing voice