When Biggie Smalls rapped “Grab your dick if you love hip-hop,” you best believe a bunch of hands went to a bunch of crotches. And to this day, when Joan Jett belts out “I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll”, she knows damn well she’s not alone in digging the sweet, sweet racket made with guitar, bass, and drums. That’s because rap and rock are well entrenched in popular culture. You can’t imagine life without them. But not all genres have that kind of widespread appeal. One man’s earworm is another’s power drill to the brain, and that’s the idea behind this celebration of divisive musical genres.
10 Genres You Either Love or Despise
One man’s earworm is another’s power drill to the brain.
on March 31, 2014, 12:00am
- 1People can't tell if this is a picture of Bill Murray or Tom Hanks
- 210 Nü-Metal Songs That Don't Totally Suck
- 3Elliott Smith: Top 10 Songs, 10 Years Later
- 4Stranger Things' Finn Wolfhard covers Mac Demarco's "Salad Days" -- watch
- 5Phil Collins and The Roots perform "In the Air Tonight" on Fallon -- watch