New MusicNews

Coldplay announce new album Ghost Stories, release first single “Magic”

on March 02, 2014, 11:28pm

Photo by Phil Harvey

Coldplay took us by surprise last week with the left-field, ambient and auto-tuned single, “Midnight”. Now, Chris Martin and Co. return with details of their upcoming sixth studio album. Entitled Ghost Stories, the follow-up to 2011’s Mylo Xyloto will arrive May 19th through Parlophone Records.

The track titled “Magic” serves as the album’s first proper single and is now available for purchase through iTunes. It’s also streaming below. On first listen, it sounds a lot less Bon Iver and a lot more Chris Martin drinking a venti, no-whip Skinny Vanilla Latte on a Sunday afternoon.

Ghost Stories Tracklist:

Ghost Stories Artwork:

coldplay ghost stories

“Magic” Artwork:

coldplay magic

Jonna
August 13, 2014 at 11:33 am

Hello, all is going fine here and ofcourse every one is sharing facts, that’s actually excellent, keep up writing.

Google
July 12, 2014 at 1:44 pm

An impressive share! I have just forwarded this onto a co-worker
who has been conducting a little research on this.

And he in fact bought me lunch because I stumbled upon it for him…
lol. So allow me to reword this…. Thanks for the meal!!

But yeah, thanks for spending some time to talk about this
matter here on your web site.

softeclipse
July 10, 2014 at 2:45 pm

I must thank you for the efforts you’ve put in penning this blog.

I really hope to check out the same high-grade
blog posts by you in the future as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has inspired me to get my
own, personal blog now ;)

Amelia
June 24, 2014 at 1:18 am

Wow! After all I got a blog from where I can genuinely take valuable facts concerning my study and knowledge.

jmlkxklrjk@gmail.com
June 11, 2014 at 6:19 pm

Cheap Best Toronto Maple Leafs jerseys customized With Wholesale Price Sale

rockalyrics
May 6, 2014 at 3:58 am

ca’nt wait to hear whole album, just found lyrics here http://rockalyrics.com/212-4780/coldplay/ghost-stories-lyrics.html gotta be epic!

April 17, 2014 at 12:08 am

Beautiful artwork by Mila Furstova~I think you should acknowledge this wonderful artist

March 25, 2014 at 8:36 am

‘Magic’- is very beautiful tune..follow me on twitter @movinwealth for more exclusives

Clare
March 22, 2014 at 8:13 am

Another classic, that causes the music worm to stir!!

March 18, 2014 at 6:36 pm

I love coldplay!!!!!!!!!!!

Hot
March 3, 2014 at 1:25 pm

The cover art is simply stunning to say the least and “Midnight” is beautiful. I think “Ghost Stories” will prove to be a very special album.

Adam Lubicz
March 3, 2014 at 5:24 pm

SO HAPPY THAT OLD COLDPLAY IS BACK. WITH THAT BEING SAID IT STILL SOUNDS LIKE THEY’RE MOVING FORWARD AS WELL.

Jam n Bop
March 3, 2014 at 9:56 am

Glad to hear the return of old Coldplay sound.

Jam n Bop
March 3, 2014 at 9:57 am

My review of Coldplay’s Magic: http://www.jamnbop.com/2014/03/magic-coldplay-review.html

concerned louisvillian
March 3, 2014 at 5:16 am

completely boring bullshit for the lobotomized… it will be heavily pirated I suspect

mihaleva
March 3, 2014 at 5:02 am

Reblogged this on Tinuviel's notebook and commented:
Have you heard about this??? Oh yeah, oh yeah, it’s definitely happening! The new song is once again totally brilliant. I hit the repeat button over rand over again. Sorry, I’m not sorry. The fan-girl in me is awoken, that’s done.
Cheerio!

Katie
March 3, 2014 at 2:36 am

Reblogged this on Enlightening Entities.

Jared R West
March 3, 2014 at 12:14 am

http://tinyurl.com/Coldplaymagic track is streaming here