For vinyl enthusiasts and those with an obsession for exclusives (e.g. myself), April 19th can’t come soon enough. That’s the day when Record Store Day will once again take over your local independent record store and offer oodles of limited edition goodies for your purchasing pleasure. Start planning out your spending limits now, because the full list of RSD releases has been revealed. Click here to see the list.
We already knew there’d be new music, rarities, and reissues from R.E.M., Bruce Springsteen, The Flaming Lips, Parquet Courts, of Montreal, Veruca Salt, LCD Soundsystem, Green Day, The Black Angels, Tame Impala, Camera Obscura, Jay Z and Linkin Park, Dinosaur Jr., Spiritualized’s J. Spaceman and Oneida’s Kid Millions, new supergroup The Snow (members of Wild Nothing, Beach Fossils, and Holograms), and a covers compilation of real bands covering fake songs called Faux Real. Now here’s what else we’ve got to pick from:
– Reissues of OutKast’s Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik, Phosphorescent’s Songs For Zula, MGMT’s Congratulations, Spoon’s Love Ways, The Velvet Underground’s Loaded, The Notorious B.I.G.’s Life After Death, CHVRCHES’ Recover EP, Motorhead’s Aftershock, and Built to Spill’s Ultimate Alternative Wavers.
– Joy Division’s debut EP, An Ideal for Living, will be reissued for the first time ever
– Mazzy Star will release a 7-inch featuring two unreleased songs: “I’m Less Here” and “Things”
– Disclosure will release their song “Apollo” on 12-inch
– Death Cab For Cutie will release a live album of their 2012 tour with Magik*Magik Orchestra
– David Bowie will reissue his song “1984″ on picture disc
– Dinosaur Jr. will release a cover of The Cure’s “Just Like Heaven” featuring the original track on the flipside
– Cake will release a vinyl box set compiling all eight of their studio albums
– Oasis will release a reissue of the original “Supersonic” 12-inch
– Frightened Rabbit will release a live recording of their in-studio session at Criminal Records
– HAIM will release “Forever” on 12-inch, backed by Giorgio Moroder’s remix of the track
– Tears For Fears will release Ready Boys & Girls, featuring their recent covers of Arcade Fire, Hot Chip, and Animal Collective, on 10-inch colored vinyl.
– A reissue of Nirvana’s 7-inch single “Pennyroyal Tea”
– A Grateful Dead live album capturing the band’s first appearance at the legendary Hampton Coliseum in Hampton, VA on May 5th, 1979
Revisit our Record Store Day documentary: