Earlier this week, Radiohead guitarist and composer Jonny Greenwood announced that he’d perform his critically acclaimed score to Paul Thomas Anderson’s There Will Be Blood for two nights at London’s Roundhouse. What’s more, he’ll be joined by a 50-piece orchestra, and it’ll mark the score’s live debut. Because we’re Twizzler-loving cinephiles at heart, the announcement sparked our inner fanboy and we quickly pulled together 10 other scores we want to hear live. Hell, we went further and even imagined an ideal location for each performance — from Austin City Limits to Chicago’s Music Box Theatre. The one condition was that the film’s original composer must be alive, which surprisingly didn’t help us much in narrowing this down. So, microwave some popcorn, turn on your noggin, and let the silver screen into your ears.
10 Film Scores That Should Be Performed Live
Jonny Greenwood shouldn't be the only one bringing popcorn to the live scene.
Want more? Follow us on
- 1Billy Corgan addresses his trip to Disneyland: "What the fuck do you want from me?"
- 2Cleveland State University students chant Kendrick Lamar's "Alright" in protest against police
- 3Billy Corgan asked whether Courtney Love killed Kurt Cobain, and things got uncomfortable fast
- 41,000 diehard fans campaign for Foo Fighters' concert with giant performance of "Learn to Fly"
- 5All it took was a 1,000-person performance of "Learn to Fly" to compel Foo Fighters to visit Cesena
- 1Drake responds to Meek Mill with new diss track "Charged Up" -- listen
- 2Watch the first trailer for anti-superhero epic Suicide Squad
- 3Cast of Back to the Future reunites to mark film's 30th anniversary
- 4Billy Corgan addresses his trip to Disneyland: "What the fuck do you want from me?"
- 5Damon Albarn refuses to end performance, gets carried off stage by security